Skip the Shipping Step

I want to skip the shipping step but add a service charge. I am capable of customizing it if necessary.

• Patrick

Hi again @anthony_singing_bear7

I apologize for the delay.

I do agree that the situation can be sometimes unfortunate, but the occasional delay in answering forum threads can happen. There can be hundreds of active members using these forums, and staff members can sometimes get tied up in tricky issues; here or with other tasks.

Now on to your issues... :slight_smile:

...my client wants the service charges added after the products are selected. I already rooted for the "Easy way" but he is not into it.

To accomplish what you describe, basically replacing the existing shipping module with a custom module, I see 2 ways to do that:

1. Use the existing shipping module as your custom service charge module. You would likely need to write a custom function to disable all shipping options except "Flat Rate" in the plugin, then leave all rate fields blank in the settings. Then modify all the text strings to reflect your required terminology using an editing program such as PoEdit: http://www.poedit.net/ The existing module could then appear in the back-end store settings as "Service Charges". Each product could have a field labeled as such instead of the existing "Extra Shipping Cost" field and continue to function.

2. Use the shipping module as a fully-functional example upon which to model and build your own custom module.

Either way would require custom coding that does go beyond the scope of the support that we provide here. If you are not comfortable with coding, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Is there a more direct way to ask questions? Did you see my follow up question?

Actually, there is. Have you seen our Live Support Chat schedule? There may be a time slot that would work well for you. Check it out here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

Oh, and the shipping method can be selected under the "Shipping" tab (see screenshot).

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.