Slide In activated - no link / button is clickable

Dear Team,

I see a strange bug.

When Plugin is installed and I select EN version (with WPML translated) of the website, I can click no button and no link at all and the slide does not appear. (only happens when you are logged out)
http://www.mercure-hotel-kamen.de/en/

I modified blugin with css to don´t show the close button.

Could you please check and let me know?

I have newest version of all plugins and theme

Thanks
BR
Stefan

• CrusaderInv
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Good Flowchart!! Guess this helps a lot new users but it was also very helpful for me.

Ok it seems there is a incompatibility between SlideIn and QuickCache (https://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-cache/)

I refreshed cache for the site and it was working again. Before that PopUp and SlideIn where not showing in /en/ event they were activated...

Have you heard about those incompatibilities before?

The thing is that we have about 40 hotelwebsites and I am now not sure shoud I use SlideIn or not??
    Quick Cache we have to use to keep server speed good. Other plugins like W3Cache did not work with WPML or our theme version...
    Is there a cool Cache plugin maybe you could provide?

Thanks
    BR
    Stefan

• Leo Ji
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @CrusaderInv,

I don't think it's an incompatibility between the plugins, I think it's just one case of an unfortunate design flaw.

I've been using Quick Cache for my Multisite installation as well (since other cache plugins aren't as effective, and it's fast) and I think it's great, but I have experienced problems where things don't update as I would have liked because Quick Cache wasn't designed to cover such cases.

From my experience, Quick Cache will purge its cache files if you update a page or post, but it doesn't automatically purge in instances such as when you activate a plugin or edit your theme code.

There was once when I write some Javascript code into my theme to display a little slider panel in the side (not with this plugin). It didn't display even after refreshing the page. Eventually, I cleared Quick Cache's cache and everything worked as expected.

I suggest that you continue using these two excellent plugins to achieve your goals, but just remember to clear out Quick Cache's cache if you're changing settings, plugins, CSS, or the like.

Hope this helps!

Leo

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @CrusaderInv

Yes, @Leo is right. Some caching plugins automatically delete caches, some plugins show a notice and sometimes you need to flush cache after making a changes. So, in this case, once you make some changes, just flush the cache and it should be good to go :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.