Slide In conflicts with DoubleClick for Publishers?

I'm working on a client site, and got Slide In working great on a single post. But when we enabled a DoubleClick (DFP) popup ad on the site, Slide-In started showing a full-height panel on the right side of the page, pulling in (seemingly) random posts. That is, in the slide-in DIV itself, an entire blog post was displaying, which is why the slide-in ended up being full height. (Pic attached.) This happened on the home page, where I was NOT displaying my Slide-In.

I originally had the Global Settings configured to display Slide-Ins when someone reached the 33% mark on a page. I tried changing that do look for a div name instead (one that I'm not using anywhere on the site), but the div still displays.

Are there any known conflicts between Slide-In and DFP?

• Patrick

Hi there @Brian

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Are there any known conflicts between Slide-In and DFP?

We weren't aware of any, but it looks like we may have found one now. :slight_smile:

Have you set your slide-in to display only on that specific post?

Can you provide a link to that site so we can see if there any obvious errors being reported in the console?

Thanks!

• Brian

Thanks for the quick response.

This is a live client site, so I wasn't able to turn the ad back on to show the problem, given how noticeable the problem was. We decided that we had to just wait for the DFP popup survey to be over so we could use Slide-In. I wish I had a development server with the entire environment (including DFP) replicated so that I could point you to it, but we don't right now.

To answer your question, yes, I did configure the Slide In to display only on one specific post. The problem actually occurred on the home page (and all other pages I think), even though Slide In wasn't configured to display there.

I do have one more piece of information: The DFP popup ad was displaying an iframed SurveyMonkey survey.

Thanks