Slide In H1 causing multiple H1 per page

Hi,

The Slide In is using h1 tags for the slide title which generates a multiple h1 per page error. How do I change it to h2? I want my page titles to remain h1.

Hint for developers, quit using h1 tags in plugins. It creates SEO problems.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

You can change it to H2 by editing the following Slide In plugin file on line number 6 as displayed below.

Slide In plugin file :
    /slide-in/lib/forms/box_output.php

Before Editing :
    <h1 class="wdsi-slide-title wdsi-slide-bold wdsi-slide-italic"><?php echo apply_filters('wdsi_title', $message->post_title);?></h1>

After Editing :
    <h2 class="wdsi-slide-title wdsi-slide-bold wdsi-slide-italic"><?php echo apply_filters('wdsi_title', $message->post_title);?></h2>

Please note you are making changes in the plugin file therefore you have to make these changes again after plugin updation as changes made in the plugin file get lost on plugin updation.

Hint for developers, quit using h1 tags in plugins. It creates SEO problems.

I have notified your feedback to the plugin developer and also moved this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.