Slide in plugin doesn't appear in website

Hi Hello,

I've installed the SLideIn plugin. And created a simple text just for test purposes.

The global settings I left default exept for the fact that Slidin should start after 1 second.

But no where on the homepage, the slide in appears.. Either logged in or out.

So did I do something wrong?

I Installed it here: http://design-b.webityourself.nl/

Please let me know.
Kind regards,
Steven

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@wijngaardeWD,

It looks like your theme isn't calling the proper hook for Slide In on the home page. This defaults to 'loop_end' which is just after all the posts or the current page is loaded. Sometimes themes with custom homepages don't run a query, and this hook isn't executed.

Under slide in global settings, try changing the injection hook to:

wp_footer

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @wijngaardeWD,

It's strange that wp_footer didn't work, as this should always be triggered.

Finding a new hook would greatly depend on the theme. Would you mind sending me a copy so I could take a look at the home page template? Then I can see what hooks we have to work with. You can send it to contact[at]wpmudev.org - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann" and a link back to this thread as well.

Best regards

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi again,

Ok, so I've tested this with your theme, and I'm still not quite sure why it doesn't like the home page. I did however find that if you edit the slide-in and specifically enable the "Show on" setting and set to "Home page" it will in fact display.

You would in this case need to create a duplicate slide-in item for your home page.

Let me know if this works for you.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ok, just let me know how it goes! Actually I think you'll be able to use the default "loop_end" hook. It really doesn't matter though.

I was able to get this working on my test site with your theme. Just let me know if you need any more assistance

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.