Slide-In Plugin Issue - Only one slide working

Howdy...and thanks for the great work you guys and gals do.
Question - I am using the Slide-In plugin. I have used it on other sites will no issue, however on a new site I am creating, it will only display one ad (slide). I have two set-up and would expect them to continue to loop as per the global settings. The first slide will appear, then retreat, then nothing else happens. And BTW, including a "?" in the slide title causes a bit of an issue. Any thoughts? or have I simply missed something very eveident? Thanks - Brad (Silk Pixel LLC)

PS - Why is the sheduled live support for this AM for Plugins closed?

  • Vladislav

    Hello,

    Can you please try editing the message you would like to appear second and override the global settings for it. Then, in the interface that should be opening up, could you please try entering a higher time delay value (13 seconds or more)? This should get the cascade effect you're after - the first message will respect the global settings, pop after 5 seconds and hide 8 seconds after this. Then the second message will pick up its settings and do its thing after the first one has went away. Can you please try this and see if it helps?

  • silkpixel

    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your suggestion again, as I attempted the same earlier. No resolve. I also learned that while a slide-in is active on a page, it disables any hyperlinks existing on said page (not clickable) until the slide-in retreats.

    To test more thoroughly and provide you with as much info as possible, I went to one of my other sites where I had this plugin working as desired...it would continually loop and show 3 dif slides. However, this no longer works on my test site either. So, I went into Global Settings, increased the delay and added a Global override to the remaining slides. I also modified the Global set "Closing the message" from [Keep showing messages to the visitor] to [Hide messages on that page for the visitor]. When I submitted the change (clicked "Save Changes"), I receive the following page error.

    --begin error
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Illegal string offset 'code' in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php on line 184

    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-content/plugins/slide-in/lib/class_wdsi_admin_pages.php:184) in /home/silkcp/public_html/product/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896
    --end error

    This plugin is no longer functioning on my test site. To verify, I mimic'd the same config change on this new site and did not receive a page error, though the original issue (plus the disabled page hyperlinks) still remain. For the most part, the two sites I tested are configured the same except for the themes (new site using Triden...test site using BuddyPress Business [both SSL]). Additionally, to test further, I progressively disabled third-party plugins one-at-a-time to catch any possible conflicts. No conflicts found and I monitored Dev Tools Console just to be certain. To add a bit more complexity, the Triden site is returning an error in the console as follows: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) - https://www.silkpixel.biz/wp-content/themes/wpmu-triden/lib/css/none". On the BuddyPress Business site, ya'll have about 50 CSS errors in bpbusiness-buddypress.css (just an FYI).

    Chrome and Firefox were used for testing. Slide-In doesn't work in Opera (not that I would use Opera but as a developer I test all my sites across the 4 top browsers).

    I apologize this is so long and please do not take it as I am complaining. I think you guys and gals do a wonderful job. I needed a coding break so I tested these issues and wanted to provide you as much info as possible.

    Thanks (back to coding for me now)!

    Have a good day.

    Brad
    Silk Pixel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.