Slide show on Studio tends to go crazy after a while

I have Studio implemented at my rather pompous home page (DavidGewirtz.com) and after a while, the slide show goes a little nuts.

If you try to tap the little squares, it won't stop things, but if you let it run for a few passes, or tap some of the squares in the attempt to get it to stop, eventually the slide show will speed up, and after a little while will just zoom by, like it's had just a little too much somethin' somethin'.

An easily patched fix would be most appreciated.

  • 3SixtyEvolve

    Hi @David

    Thank you for your post and being part of our Community!

    We had the exact same problem a few weeks ago from another member. This is indeed a problem that I also found in my test lab and the Developer has been notified and will release a fix for this in the next version of the theme.

    Referenced topic: Slides in Studio Theme Speed Up

    The member @rodneymood provided his own workaround that might work for you as well.

    I apologize for this inconvenience and can assure you we're working on this problem.

    Have a good weekend.

    Gina

  • David

    I honestly don't have time to constantly recode an entire system every time a theme is updated. I wrote my own customizations to a child theme, but as we all know, those break on updates as well.

    I've avoided updating because I just can't afford a three or four day down time while I go in and debug code.

    The same is true with moving from 3.3 to 3.4. After the large amount of screaming from people who upgraded to 3.4 to failure, I just can't take the time right now. And yes, given the site we're discussing and what's on it, I appreciate the irony.

    This is the biggest failing of the entire WordPress infrastructure. Every small point release requires a week or more time from a developer if anything has been customized -- and without customizing, the stuff is essentially unusable. Multiply that to a multisite installation with 5 or 6 sites and you've got a second job just installing updates and going through every line of code to find the thing that people claim don't break, but does.

    And, of course, with the complete lack of WordPress-level multisite backup tools, the only way to do a restore is to restore the full system backup (or build some sort of complex rsync/mysqldump hack).

    This is the Achilles heal of WordPress.

    Sigh, rant over. I guess I'll just live with the slide show thing losing its mind. If I get some time, I'll dig into the code and see if I can find a fix. In the meantime, if your developer finds the line or two causing the problem, it'd sure be nice if she or he would post that line or two here, so we don't have to field strip the entire system because a little bit of fluff is off the rails.

    Thanks.

    Okay, now, rant over. It's late, I just had to slap and burp my Keurig machine (don't ask) and I'm pretty sick of all things tech tonight.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.