SLIDER AND LOGIN WIDGET PROBLEMS

Hi There
In Upfront
The Login Widget seems to have the following problems:
1- It logs me out onto the default Wordpress Login window , which is not in line with the scribe theme !
2- The messages Reset Password are in English are in english and do not seem to be clicking that my wordpress install is in French language !

The slider seems to have a problem at resizing Jpeg ...
Does it expect a picture size ? Is it responsive ?

Thanks for your help ..

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

1- It logs me out onto the default Wordpress Login window , which is not in line with the scribe theme !

I've checked on my site and this is correct behaviour.

2- The messages Reset Password are in English are in english and do not seem to be clicking that my wordpress install is in French language !

Did you install translation for French language? You can download translation files here https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/upfront

The slider seems to have a problem at resizing Jpeg ...
    Does it expect a picture size ? Is it responsive ?

Yes, sliders are responsive - but you are using draggable sliders, and they work different than the sliders in regions background - if image is big, then it will fill all the space in element, but if its not, then it will be small even if the element is big.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• dubernet

Hi Kasia,
      excuse my french, but I am new to upfront but have completed the 7parts blog course.
      That is it .. but I have invested quite few hours work on it already and hope , I can use upfront .

-Slider responsiveness : So what you say is that there are 2 types of sliders : the one used in the background regions and the ones used in widget areas that are draggable from the UI.
      The first type is responsive and the second is not .. correct ?
      Can I install a plugin with responsive sliders and integrate with shortcodes . What is the draggable element that allows me to enter shortcodes ?
      - Login : Translation in French / thanks for the tip , I did not know I had to do it , as upfront is neither a theme nor a plugin , I did not guess ... I will look into it and add some more translation
      - Login : How is that meant to work , you say it is fine , I say it is not. You know what to expect and I don't ... Can you send me your link to see what it is meant to do when someone logs in and out with scrolldown menu selected ... My site shows me a link to logout and send me to a standard login wordpress page when clicked on ! .. I cannot use that ... thanks again for your time ..
      Thierry

• Rupok

Bonjour! dubernet

I hope you had a wonderful day.

1. If you want to take your users to homepage after logout, please paste the following code in your theme's functions.php. But keep in mind, if you edit your functions.php file, all changes will be gone when the theme is updated. So I'll suggest you to create a mu plugin and paste it there. To create a mu plugin, create a folder called "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" directory. Inside that "mu-plugins" directory, create a file with any filename with .php extension. Paste the following code inside that file and save and you are done.

add_action('wp_logout' , 'go_home');
    function go_home(){
        wp_redirect( home_url() );
        exit();
    }

This will take your users to homepage after logout.

2. You can do this by following what @Kasia Swiderska said above. Install translation files from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/upfront/fr/default

If you think translating the whole thing is tough for you, you can use "Ultimate Branding" plugin. This plugin supports replacing any word or phrase. So you can easily change "Reset Password" with your desired french words.

3. All sliders are responsive. I've added a screencast of creating a drag-able slider and I've shown that it's responsive. Please check this: http://take.ms/KC1Pw

Feel free to contact us if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• dubernet

Hi Rupok
      1- Thanks for the screencast ... I appreciate the effort .
      2- for the php code , I just did what you said and it does not work so far . I can see the code echoed on my screen and the theme stopped working . Thank you to help me make that work. I do not know PHP or the inner WP but I have enough knowledge to undertand and do what you can tell me to do , even if a bit complicated .. do not worry ... I open the platform just in case you want to have a look .
      3- Translation:Ultimate Branding is a good idea , thanks.
      It raises the problem , that I do not understand.. you might help me : If I POEDIT locally , I translate what I want to my needs , but nobody benefits from it . If I use the link you gave me , I can translate online, everybody benefits, but I am not sure that I can export it straight away ? Do I have to wait to be reviewed then ?? I want to put my translation to help but I do not want to depend on someone to accept or reject ... I want to be able to benefit from my work now and export it straight away ! . So do I do a local POEDIT or an online translation ?
      4- shortcodes: As I asked Kashia , what draggable element shall I use to enter WP shortcodes ? do I have to create full pages and posts??
      Have a nice week-end ...
      Thierry
      Note: I had to put extension txt to the attached file in order to upload it !

• scott_wood

@Rupok I know this thread is an old one, but I am responding since I am in the middle of setting up a slider on my own site and am running into the same "responsive" issue. I'm sorry but, your video demonstrates precisely the problem - the slider might be responsive, but the images it contains are not. This essentially eliminates the use of the slider where responsiveness is necessary and the slider is to be retained for smaller device resolutions.

I am commenting here for clarity, but will open a new ticket if I am unable to find a solution suitable for my project.

Thanks very much for your support.

• Rupok

Hi dubernet

Seems like issue #1 is resolved.

About issue #2: Did you paste it inside your functions.php or you created a mu-plugin? I took the honor of logging in with Support Access and pasted the code inside your theme's functions.php file. It's working perfectly now. Please click on the logout link. It will redirect you to your homepage.

About issue #3: If you don't want to depend on someone to accept or reject it, I believe editing it locally will be the best idea for you. I'll suggest you to edit it locally, and then contribute online if you have enough time.

About issue #4: You can use "Widget" element and from the settings, select "Text" widget. Then paste your shortcode inside the "Content" box that appears. It will process your shortcode. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• dubernet

Hi Rupok
    1-Thank you for your help with the Login . It is what I needed.It is good to come back after a tough week-end and see it has been sorted . Merci
    2- for the translation . It is clear now the way I can participate
    3-Widget Text for shortcode . It is sorted too . Your screenshot was necessary !

So thank you .
    Thierry
    By the way , where is the Home Page stored in Upfront ? not in a Page !
    May be you can send me a link on a document that tell me also the difference between a theme Global Background and a Global region background ? any idea ...When I use upfront , I do not feel in control somehow,although I have done the 7 part tutorial !

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello dubernet,

By the way , where is the Home Page stored in Upfront ? not in a Page !

That is correct. Home page is kind of "virtual" page and it is not listed on pages list.

May be you can send me a link on a document that tell me also the difference between a theme Global Background and a Global region background ?

Global background is under the all the regions on the page. So if you have header region and footer region, then the global background will be on all pages under the header and footer regions. This is background for the page body.

Globar regions are regions that you can use on many pages without setting them each time you add the, so background you set for global region will be used on all other pages where this region is used.

On screenshot I've attached there is global region footer with transparent gray background and underneath is global background (blue lines).

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.