Slider not working on subsite

I have a multisite and I am trying to use the same slider that I have working on my main site on a subsite, but for some reason it is not working on the subsite, it's not visible at all (I am using different themes on the 2 sites).
All elements in the slider disappear when they are in the #carousel div, if I remove the #carousel I can see the content, but the images don't load.

The slider is a Bootstrap slider and I added the same code on functions.php file on the theme that I am using on the subsite and on the one of the main site to add the function to create the shortcode that I am placing on the page Editor (I am using WPBakery Builder on both sites). And I also have the same file placed on both themes, under themes/**site-theme**/template-parts/carousel-slider-template.php

So even having the same settings on both themes, the subsite is not working, not sure why. Could you help me fix this?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Nicklas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Please do note that we don't have a background about how your site is built, and it's existing settings, so we may be missing some aspects regarding this. I tried to access the domain via the given WP admin login, but I'm getting the following error:

So, I took the liberty to create a new super admin(wpmutest) via the Support access, but the existing configuration isn't allow to access the dashboard of the main site, I get redirected to a subsite /wpmutest, which seems to have created automatically. Could you please advise, what should be done to access the main site dashboard?

With the limited access, I checked the /demo subsite, and I could notice following error in the console:
    Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function

The above error could only occur if there is a conflict within the subsite, this could be either from the existing plugins activated, or via the theme side.

Is it okay, if we could test further by disabling all the plugins in your system except the the plugins related to make the slider work, and then check how the site behaves? This would require disabling network activated plugins too.

If you could also perform the above test it would be helpful, also could you please point out which exact code was added in the functions.php file to make the slider work? So that we could have a better idea about the workflow.

Please do advise, if we are missing out anything, so that we could help get this sorted asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.