Slider on Spirit Child theme not working

I have a bit of an issue, i'm building a site using spirit theme (Upfront) for some reason the slider doesn't actually view any images, i have looked through the community base and it seems that the issue is resolved by shortening the image url just to the name rather than the location, however when i do that upfront just reverts the url back to what it was, furthermore it seems i cannot delete any images on my slider.

i have enabled remote support on my website http://john.chrismachala.co.uk/

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Chris, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

As found on the live chat session earlier today, the removal of slides from the slider isn't possible presently, which I've notified the developer of.

However, the slider not showing up would seem to be a different story... I'm curious, about when did you notice it not working (when not in the Upfront editor, it seems to show up just fine there)?

I ran into this error in the browser console when checking out your site:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

Please advise,
    Michael

• Chris
    • New Recruit

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Well it never worked, i bought gold membership only yesterday (well today depending on your time zone) when i went to test my home page it seems that it just didn't work.

i presume with that error the slider code could have been generated incorrectly and not finished the tag?

i did edit a few styles on some modules myself but that was completely independent to the slider, i have reverted all custom styling to test if it could have been that and apparently not.

Regards,

Chris

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Chris,

Looking at the situation, one thing I'm curious about is this... I noticed that the media files used here have spaces (represented by the %20), as well as the single quote '.

Generally speaking, filenames on the web should either have a - or a _ if the letters & words in the filenames are separated. What if you were to upload renamed versions of those images in the slider (after deleting the present section that has the slider on the site, and creating a new section with a slider)?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Chris
    • New Recruit

Hey @Michael,

I tried that and it did work thank you for your help.

Another thing i translated the terms of services into polish for rep points and still haven't got them, its coming up to a week now, is that expected?.

Regards,

Chris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.