Slit Slider go down button + nicescroll to page anchors

Hi, I've created a page using free TA Meghna theme but I'd like to add two functionalities, could you help me with this task?

Slit Slider go down button:
- Is it possible to have a button on a slider (slit slider is used) that when pressed will move the page down below the slider?

Nicescroll to page anchors
- jquerry nicescroll is applied to FronPage - menu link, but I'd like to move smoothly if I click to another anchor as well which is linked to the same page, how I achieve that?

for. ex... I ha ve a text with link (in bold) "More information is available in the contact section " and after clicking it it should smoothly scroll to contact section on the same page.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Karolina

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Karolina, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Slit Slider go down button:
    - Is it possible to have a button on a slider (slit slider is used) that when pressed will move the page down below the slider?

I'm not quite sure that I follow what you're asking for, are you looking to scroll down the page when you click this button? If you could clarify that for me, I'd really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

- jquerry nicescroll is applied to FronPage - menu link, but I'd like to move smoothly if I click to another anchor as well which is linked to the same page, how I achieve that?

So the code is only targeting one link presently, is that correct? Could you give me a link to the page where I can see this in action, as well as mentioning where I can see the anchor link you're looking to target?

Also, could you please post the code you're using to target the menu link on the front page to pastebin.com, and share the link to that here please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Karolina, my apologies for the delay here! :slight_frown:

yep, that's precisely that - simply scroll down the page when you click this button.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. :slight_smile:

In this case, you'd be looking to create an anchor link for your button to link to, you can learn more about creating an anchor link here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/link-to-any-spot-in-a-wordpress-post-with-page-jumps-bookmarks/

On this:

The template is not yet online, when it will be, I'll paste it here, but is 99% same as the template which is online and the link was already mentioned above in my post. I have changed just texts and colors. So you can see everything there.

Given your clarification, let's revisit your earlier point:

for. ex... I ha ve a text with link (in bold) "More information is available in the contact section " and after clicking it it should smoothly scroll to contact section on the same page.

You would want to create an anchor link for your contact section on the page, and make sure to link to that anchor link in your slider, your theme should do the rest (I did a bit of testing on the demo site, and found that it supported the smooth scrolling already).

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Karolina, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

If there's a CSS ID assigned to the contact form section, in a similar fashion to this:

<p id="contact">Contact form</p>

You could try targeting that instead with a menu link (you'd want to enter #contact, if the CSS ID is "contact"). If that still doesn't work, then could you please enable Support Access to the site in question?

Or, if this is a local site, then could you record a screenshot as to what's going on here? You could use a tool like this to do that:

https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.