We have extremely slow page changes in the admin portion of our MU install. It takes an average of 25 sec to change from any page to another. We have six (6) sites under one domain with sub directory set up.
We have been trying to figure out the problem without any luck. This is what we have done so far.
1. Deactivated all plugins
2. Changed all themes to Twenty Eleven so we can eliminate a theme issue
3. Removed any unused themes and plugins
4. Took down the entire site and did a clean re-install of WP which included new databases etc and made sure to follow WP instructions to activate MU.
5. Reloaded our full back-up from blogvault.net our back-up service.
6. Did trial reload on blogvault servers with little if any improvement.
7. We are on a typical shared hosting plan with StartLogic and all server settings appear to be identical to others.
8. Again deactivated all plugins and themes etc with no luck.
9. Checked compatibility of all plugins and themes with 3.4.1
Our next step is to do a full install on a VPS server from a different hosting company to see if it is in fact something with our host servers.
Our specialty themes and plugins included Headway Theme, Photocrati Theme, Cart66, and Gravity Forms plugins. Everything else is standard WP and not that many of them.
Anyone else have any ideas? Everyone we have spoken too about this problem is stumped. We sure would like to hear some other options. The only thing we have not done at this point is a complete re-create of the sites (6) and this is NOT something we want to do, but we must find a solution. 25 sec per page is nuts!!
Other people running MU - how many different sites are you running off a single MU install?