slow loading on appointment page

I love the APPOINTMENTS + plugin, it works great! The only problem is that the page loads VERY slowly on any device. The rest of the site loads normally, but that appointment page is very slow! https://my-designs.net/make-an-appointment-3/

• Sajid

Hello Monica,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The appointments page is loading almost fine to me, not ideal but not very much slow either. What device you are checking it out ?

However, I understand that there is some pressing required to render this page complete that definitely need some time but it should be too much. For me, on my own site, it is loading almost instantly.

To further optimize the speed, we first make sure there is enough memory and execution time allocated for a script to run. You can increase memory limit and execution time by following methods in this blog post.

Before making the changes, note down the existing memory limit and execution time in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info -> PHP, so you could compare those later to make sure the changes are actually take effect.

Also for increase the site speed and performance, I would strongly recommend you using Hummingbird plugin. It will provide you detailed report with full steps what you need to do next to improve site performance and speed.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Nastia

Hello Monica , hope you're doing well!

I've tested the page load speed on my site and can't say that it's very slow. From my end, it's loaded quickly. But I can say that the Pingdom tools don't return satisfying results, not only for the appointment page, but for the whole site too; 12 sec for the Appointments page and 18 sec for the main site.

Do you still have the Hummingbird activated on your site, enabling browser caching and minification should improve the load time speed?

Also, as for the Appointments page load speed. Can you replicate the same speed with default WordPress theme and no other plugins activated? Please try it to make sure that no other 3rd party scripts conflicting with the Appointments+ plugin, as loading speed might be affected because of that.

Follow the steps from the flowchart:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

One more note, if you do not have a cache plugin, please install WP Super Cache or the Batcache. Cache plugins are known for improving load speed time of a site. It also reduces the demand on the web server CPU and the database.

Let us know what the GoDaddy responded to your request to update a PHP version.

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.