Slow multisites

Hello, we´ve been experiencing our sites to run slow both in the dashboard and a little bit faster on the front end. We´ve installed p3 profiler, hummingbird, wp super cashe and so on, but the sites are still extremly slow. Could it be the server or could it be the plugins?

It´s so slow that the awesome wpmudev defender plugin scans won´t even run.

When our site is ready we will switch to a vps server with 2xcpu 2gb ram. But now they are on a shared host.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Christoffer

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Its indeed seems to issue with hosting provider's shared server where your site has been hosted. But let me check some configuration parameters in account for your site. For that I'll need staff access to your site which you can grant me via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Christoffer,

Mutlisites are bit more resource hungry than single WP installations and running it on shared hosting might be the main issue here.
    Having a shared hosting that's not optimized for WP can have slower loading times, and having over 20 active plugins as well as custom WP admin theme can only slow it down further.

There are no console or network errors on your site so it's most likely just caused by the server not giving you enough resources, and it should be fine when you switch away from shared hosting.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Christoffer

Hope you are well today and glad to know that Predrag's insight helped you here. :slight_smile:

Now I suggest you to read this article, as one of our author explained very well what are different CDN services we got for WordPress along with its pros and cons. Hopefully you'll find this useful. :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/top-cdn-services-to-make-your-wordpress-site-blazingly-fast/

This is bit old article but information in it are still useful. :slight_smile:

But I´m not able to find a good cache plugin that supports automaticly multisites for this.

I am sorry but I am not getting your this point. Would you please be kind enough to explain this in depth. ?

Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Christoffer

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've never used Comet Cache plugin before, but by looking its stats here,

https://wordpress.org/plugins/comet-cache/

It seems that free version is not providing mechanism of connecting to CDN service but Pro one does.

But its good to get confirmation from their support staff, I suggest you to raise ticket at their support forum to ask about this. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.