Slug not found when doing unit preview

I'm working on my first course. I get page not found when I try to do a unit preview. Can you login remotely and help troubleshoot my first draft course?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello there Denver Prophit Jr.

Thank you for granting access to your site. I see the issue on your site though I can't replicate it on my site.

Please run a quick check for a conflict with another plugin or theme.

Deactivate all other plugins and test if units preview page is working. Clear the site's cache before testing. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Follow the steps from the flowchart:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Note: the styling in the CoursePress PRO > Courses is wrong. Would you please perform a quick test for a conflict with a plugin for this issue as well, to check if the styling will change?

Let me know how it went!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Denver Prophit Jr.
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

When granting support staff access, you are giving us expressed permission to troubleshoot your issue. This involves temporarily deactivating plugins and themes; as well as updating and editing code. Therefore, it is important you do a backup first. If there is anything you don’t want us to do, let us know when granting access. We will work quickly to minimize downtime. You should grant access on sandbox installs when possible.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Denver Prophit Jr.,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I could replicate this issue on your site as well as on my own test site. The ID of the unit that is being previewed is coming up in the URL instead of slug.

However, in its live mode, the slug is present in the URL on its correct order.

But I am still reporting this issue to developer so it could be fixed up in upcoming update of the plugin if its a bug and not the intended behaviour.

Also, I on a side note, at first the front end login was not working for me. Whenever I tried to preview the unit, it was sending me to no-access page with logging me out of the site. While, I still be logged in as administrator in the backend of WordPress site.

I deactivated all plugins, logged in from front-end and it worked this time. Then I tried to find the culprit by activating each plugin one by one but could not find a culprit. That may be a temporary glitch or cookie issue.

Thanks for taking the time and reporting this issue and please accept my sincere apologies for delay on this ticket.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Apologies for delay. The developer was quite busy with new update of the plugin that took some time responding here.

I heard back from the developer and she say's that ID in the url of preview instead of slug is intentional and not a bug. That's actually how default WordPress post/page preview works.

For other issues, I see you have already updated the plugin. If you are still getting the other issue, short description and zero price. Then please create a separate ticket for each issue so we could manage each one separately in its own ticket.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Denver Prophit Jr.
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Previewing units is NOT working. =( I get the course URL with the parameter ?course-message=no-access. I am the facilitator, instructor and super admin of the multisite.

When I created a thread about the archive pages, I was told by support NOT to open new threads. Which is it going to be? By Patrick on https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-archive-pages-for-categories-question#post-1216111

So I want all your people on board for new threads for specific parts before I go doing that again.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Previewing units is NOT working. =( I get the course URL with the parameter ?course-message=no-access. I am the facilitator, instructor and super admin of the multisite.

I already mentioned this issue in my previous reply. It is not because of CoursePress Pro plugin. There is something on your WordPress site that is logging you out from the frontend frequently.

I am quoting my finding in this reply too:

Also, I on a side note, at first the front end login was not working for me. Whenever I tried to preview the unit, it was sending me to no-access page with logging me out of the site. While, I still be logged in as administrator in the backend of WordPress site.

I deactivated all plugins, logged in from front-end and it worked this time. Then I tried to find the culprit by activating each plugin one by one but could not find a culprit. That may be a temporary glitch or cookie issue.

If this issue came back, then please run a plugin and theme conflict test on your website to figure out what exactly is interfering with login session. See flowchart in our getting support manual for an overview of how to make a conflict test.

Also, please add the following code in wp-config.php file too to tell browsers to get login session cookie from your main domain.
    define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'denverprophit.us' );

Add above code in wp-config.php before the line that says stop editing and happy blogging.

When I created a thread about the archive pages, I was told by support NOT to open new threads. Which is it going to be? By Patrick on https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-archive-pages-for-categories-question#post-1216111

So I want all your people on board for new threads for specific parts before I go doing that again.

I see that the topic closed by Patrick is already being worked on in this thread created by your. I see on of our developer is helping you out there too. So if you have any followup questions regarding the category rendering issue then please post your message here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-category-rendering

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.