Small issues with Defender

Alright we are on a roll now, Thanks to your awesome support and member community for all of your help. I will keep this to one plugin at a time as you requested so this ticket is for the Defender Plugin. for the most part I did everything it told me to do but it keeps asking me for cURL to be enabled in order to fix the issues. - Grant it I understand that that is on my end server side. but it also is giving me errors to your WPDEV API errors.

I have host gator helping me to turn on cURL for the cURL problem - I have activated admin support for the next 5 days for this and the other 3 plugins I need help with Thanks and God Bless.

• James

I have talked with Host gator and showed them what I am attaching here this is what they said.

Greetings,

I am not entirely sure what the message means about the integrity of the core files. I would assume that means there is an issue with the core files included with the Wordpress installation due to changes in them. These type of issues you will most definitely need to get with a Wordpress developer to fix/resolve. We provide the platform for a site to flourish but manipulating the software to perform better is up to the developer to optimize.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Cordially,

Brendan H.
    Linux Systems Administrator

• James

I have talked with Host gator and showed them what I am attaching here this is what they said.

Greetings,

I am not entirely sure what the message means about the integrity of the core files. I would assume that means there is an issue with the core files included with the Wordpress installation due to changes in them. These type of issues you will most definitely need to get with a Wordpress developer to fix/resolve. We provide the platform for a site to flourish but manipulating the software to perform better is up to the developer to optimize.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Cordially,

Brendan H.
    Linux Systems Administrator

• Rupok

Hi James,

it keeps asking me for cURL to be enabled in order to fix the issues

As you said Hostgator is helping you to turn on cURL for your site, are you done enabling cURL? If you have successfully enabled cURL, and still getting this, can you please ask them to remove cURL time limitation? This StackOverflow answer might give you some idea regarding how you can do this: http://stackoverflow.com/a/21503786

I believe enabling cURL and removing limit from cURL will solve all these issues. If you still get these issue after enabling and removing limitation from cURL, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• James

I talked to them and their response is below following my response, I do believe that none of your plugins nor Hostgator's servers has been the problem this whole time I do believe that it is from corrupted files from Godaddy.

Chris D.
    October 10, 2016 at 01:54 PM

Hello,

The provided link references coding that is directly added to PHP. We do not provide assistance with the modification of coding in this manner.

There is a global setting that can effect this in php.ini, but the value doesn't seem to match the error you are seeing, default_socket_timeout. The default for this is 60, but I'll increase this to 120 for you. Please let us know if there is anything further that we could assist you with.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29602256/set-global-curl-timeout

Warm Regards,

Christopher D.
    Linux Administrator

Thank you, nothing like a good walk, I'll keep it short not to waste your time. I think the root cause of everything from errors to consumption etc. is from a corrupt install of wordpress. I say this because I had this issue with Godaddy then you guys had to go snap shit it and migrate it over. nothing on your part rather godaddy's part. then to eliminate some of the errors from the beginning i had to adjust godaddy config for wordpress because removing it the site would not work. in a nutshell their config file talks to their database and servers. I am going to see about doing a fresh install on an ip and porting in the posts then deleting this install. will take awhile but i do believe that its godaddy's corrupted files causes all these problems. Because all of the years prior I was with you guys from basic servers to pro servers I had over 20k post from autofeeds on a basic did not even have all of the optimization i have now neither a CDN and your basic server was still fast and outperformed. and Ive been scratching my head this past month. and I just figured it out. Godaddy's files are the corrupted files because it cannot locate them. Your Thoughts is always welcomed and I will be working on this theory on a development name or ip. God Bless and thank you for your comments above as I trust you guys over anyone else when it comes to the servers as no one gets access to the servers except for you guys.

---------------------
    I do know that rather then working on a fresh install it may be better to take the gd_config.php out of the server and going into that file and unhooking what is bogging everything down however I am not that savvy. I did remove 1 include on one line in the actual wp config.php that talked to this file and my site works but the problems are still there.

That's why I say a fresh install and If I go do a fresh install on the dedicated server then install your dashboard plugin, my theme, etc. - Can I import my posts and users over don't you have a plugin for that.

Thanks,

• James

I talked to them and their response is below following my response, I do believe that none of your plugins nor Hostgator's servers has been the problem this whole time I do believe that it is from corrupted files from Godaddy.

Chris D.
    October 10, 2016 at 01:54 PM

Hello,

The provided link references coding that is directly added to PHP. We do not provide assistance with the modification of coding in this manner.

There is a global setting that can effect this in php.ini, but the value doesn't seem to match the error you are seeing, default_socket_timeout. The default for this is 60, but I'll increase this to 120 for you. Please let us know if there is anything further that we could assist you with.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29602256/set-global-curl-timeout

Warm Regards,

Christopher D.
    Linux Administrator

Thank you, nothing like a good walk, I'll keep it short not to waste your time. I think the root cause of everything from errors to consumption etc. is from a corrupt install of wordpress. I say this because I had this issue with Godaddy then you guys had to go snap shit it and migrate it over. nothing on your part rather godaddy's part. then to eliminate some of the errors from the beginning i had to adjust godaddy config for wordpress because removing it the site would not work. in a nutshell their config file talks to their database and servers. I am going to see about doing a fresh install on an ip and porting in the posts then deleting this install. will take awhile but i do believe that its godaddy's corrupted files causes all these problems. Because all of the years prior I was with you guys from basic servers to pro servers I had over 20k post from autofeeds on a basic did not even have all of the optimization i have now neither a CDN and your basic server was still fast and outperformed. and Ive been scratching my head this past month. and I just figured it out. Godaddy's files are the corrupted files because it cannot locate them. Your Thoughts is always welcomed and I will be working on this theory on a development name or ip. God Bless and thank you for your comments above as I trust you guys over anyone else when it comes to the servers as no one gets access to the servers except for you guys.

---------------------
    I do know that rather then working on a fresh install it may be better to take the gd_config.php out of the server and going into that file and unhooking what is bogging everything down however I am not that savvy. I did remove 1 include on one line in the actual wp config.php that talked to this file and my site works but the problems are still there.

That's why I say a fresh install and If I go do a fresh install on the dedicated server then install your dashboard plugin, my theme, etc. - Can I import my posts and users over don't you have a plugin for that.

Thanks,

• Rupok

Hi James,

Can I import my posts and users over don't you have a plugin for that

You can export/import all posts natively from WordPress itself. Please go to "Dashboard > Tools > Export" section and there you will get option to export all your posts. When you are done exporting, go to the site where you want to import, and go to "Dashboard > Tools > Import" section. You will get detailed step-by-step guide in this article: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/import-export-wordpress-website

Now for export/import users, you can check this article: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-easily-import-and-export-wordpress-users/

I believe these will help you to migrate all your posts and users to your new site.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi James,

Are you referring to this thread? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/i-installed-humming

It totally depends on you. Hummingbird cache is browser cache, and Cloudflare cache is server-side geo-location based cache. So you can actually turn on both if you want. But if your site performs quite well by just enabling Cloudflare, then I think you can go with that. That's easy to configure and Cloudflare provides really powerful caching. If you think, the performance is not enough, then you can enable browser cache too. However, the more layer of caching you active, more complex your setup becomes.

So it's totally your decision.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi James,

Our developer had a look on your setup and he is suggesting you to use Real Cron Job instead or WP Cron. To know how you can do that, you can check this tutorial: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/specialized-help/technical/wordpress/how-to-replace-wordpress-cron-with-a-real-cron-job

Please let us know how it goes. If you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point, please let us know. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok