small problem with avatar of user on buddypress

Hi guys. how are you?
I'm new user here since yersterday, and i have a problems with the avatar's users on multisite.
For example.... i upload the avatar sucessfull, include recrop and the avatar is show fine on top bar and coments for main site and admin network, but if i go to another blog, them the avatar is missing, above on top bar and also if i write comments....

If i see the url of avatar on main site is some like this :misite.com /wp-content/uploads/avatars/1/93d88d6da404c6ace1b5805e6a88ac8c-bpthumb.jpg

but if i see the same on the another blog where the image is missing the url show the following:
misite.com/avatars/1/93d88d6da404c6ace1b5805e6a88ac8c-bpthumb.jpg

How you can see in the url is missing /wp-content/uploads
Someone can help me? A lot of thank's

• pabloalonso
    • New Recruit

Thank's jim_meyer. Well, i don't use WP super cache plugin and the first default avatar is show (the man's siluete), but if the user upload personal avatar them is the problem, also if i change at anothers default avatars like gravatar, mystery icons etc.

Also i did another fresh installation to test this and the problem is the same...

I'm crazy already with this problem. LOL

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings pabloalonso,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and avatars messing with you.

We need to know about if your are using an avatar plugin or something to that effect and about your WordPress installation:

WordPress 3.5.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.6.3?
    Which is the theme name?

In addition, have you permissioned the uploads folder 755?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• pabloalonso
    • New Recruit

Hi Aecnu, well

I have both newest versions, for wordpress and buddypress, actually i have theme Network but before i had Social, for both also the same problem.

I have chmod 777 for uploas and also i have blogs.dir create there, but nothing inside...

I don't use any avatar plugin because buddypress already have the option to upload avatars's profiles and this work fine on my site, include the function recrop, but the problem is missing avatar on sites or blogs created, in the main blog the avatars are working fine, for admin or users.

• pabloalonso
    • New Recruit

here's someones screenshots of my site with this problem

On two of these is whem the avatar or photo is uploaded and show well on the main blog or community and the other is on one blog create on the community where the avatar is missing.

• Techtomic
    • Techie

I fixed this a couple of days ago on my site.. if you have the same problem as mine with a bad link from subsites to the buddypress avatars.

Create a new file in /wp-content/plugins called bp-custom.php and in it paste:

<?php
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_URL', '/wp-content/uploads/sites/1' );
    ?>

Should work after that. Replace the number 1 with the id of the site you have buddypress installed on.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings pabloalonso,

At this point it appears for a permanent fix we are waiting for Buddy Press to release possibly version 1.6.5? Or will they ignore the issues in this version and push a new version full of bugs like it appears all previous versions?

It is anyone's guess but as the bug tracker indicates they are aware of it and hopefully they will address the issue sooner then later in the Buddy Press core.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.