Smart Crawl Checkup not working

Hi,

When I try to run a SmartCrawl check up it fails saying it could not get meaningful results. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The exact wording: There was an error crawling https://bethinabox.com/, we weren't able to get meaningful results

I'm also unable to get an SEO score when writing a post. Readability score comes through fine but when I input a keyword it disappears when I update the post.

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Beth

Hope you are doing good today.

This message usually means that the scan timed out or that there was some issue with access your site in order to perform the scan.

Would you please grant me access to your site to take a closer look on this?
    You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

As for the second issue with keyword disappears when you update the post this issue could be a plugin conflict. Would you please run a conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except SmartCrawl Pro and check if the problem gone. If so, then enable all plugins one by one and find which one is having conflict. If there is no positive result, switch to default WordPress theme like 2017 and see if it works.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Beth
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kris,

Thanks for getting back to me. The issue appears to have resolved itself... However, if you could take a look it would be much appreciated.

I'm now having some issues with smushing my images. I've bulk smushed about 20 times and still getting 100s of images that still require smushing. And now my blinking google captcha keys are showing on my website. Doh!

I will grant access now.

Thank you very much! Beth

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Beth

Access works fine, thank you :slight_smile:
    I was able to Smush all your images, but still 12 images are left. Smush display error for them:
    Could not find
    This is because the mentioned images doesn't seem to exist in your server, and hence the plugin outputs the mentioned error. The mentioned images seems to be thumbnails of size 150*150, if you are making use of these images, you can make use of Regenerate thumbnails plugin, and recreate new thumbnails. If you aren't making use of those thumbnails, you can delete these empty files from Media > Library.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

After that please run BULK SMUSH again.

Can you also guide me to correct URL where you see this issue with "blinking google captcha keys", I could not find anything like this on your site :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Beth
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Haha! Sorry Kris... That's just my turn of phrase. When I load the homepage of my site. The API keys for Google Captcha (requested by the comment form widget plug in) are displayed in the top left of my site. Presumably they are missing a 'hide' tag, only I don't know how to rectify.

Beth

• Beth
          • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ash Would you believe it's no longer showing? I don't know what's changed but it's no longer there.

Thanks for saying you'd take a look though. :slight_smile:

I'm still getting really low scores for images on Hummingbird but I think I'll just have to suck it up and say it's down to the images there. :slight_frown:

My original problem that was here is resolved! :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.