SMARTCRAWL and Yoast SEO

Hi.
I use the Yoast SEO plugin on most of my sites. Do I need the Smartcrawl then? If I do, can I have bot, og do you recomend one of them. And what one do you reccomend?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there René Munthe Eik,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

SmartCrawl and Yoast SEO plugins both provide the basics for a fine SEO setup.

It would be rather excessive to install both of these though, and most probably this will end up with conflicts between them.

Finally, as SmartCrawl is our own child, I couldn't stop proposing it despite the famous opponent that it has! Personally, I find it more clear as Yoast SEO plugin has become a bit bloated, especially last years.

Hope that was some help, let me know if further assistance is required!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello René Munthe Eik,

I hope you're doing well today!

If I change from yoast to your plugin on an existing site, will all the mega text and other stuff be transfered?

The data that you configure within the plugin is then served "by the plugin" and there's no "import/export" feature between these two so while all the content on site stays intact, you might need to adjust configuration in SmartCrawl as it won't read the one created with Yoast. It's a bit different too.

What is the response time on these tickets?

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. We do our best to respond to all the tickets as fast as possible. Periodically though we're getting a bit more questions than usually. Just for future reference though, it's better to wait for staff response than "bump up" the ticket by asking for replay because any new post that's made before staff replays moves the ticket down the queue (as we're responding from oldest to newest in order to minimize response time) and that may result in slightly longer response time. Again, I apologize for keeping you waiting.

If you have any additional questions, let us know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• MSAMike
    • The Crimson Coder

Feature that yoast has that smart crawl should consider. The red dot - green dot is very easy to follow and yoast has more detail on how to help you and your seo efforts. Also you can click on a eye icon that will highlight the issues in the text etc.

• Adam Czajczyk
      • Support Gorilla

Hi MSAMike

I hope you're well today!

There are actually "dots" there already, though working in a bit different way:

- you'll see those dots (red, green, gray) on a post list in "Readability" column
      - the "problems" part is also clearly identified on post editing screen in "Readability" section of "SmartCrawl" meta box, an example:

That said, I appreciate your opinion and all the feedback on this (and any other aspects of SmartCrawl) is more than welcome and highly valued so we'll be more than happy to hear more from you about this. It would be great though if you could post that in a separate thread of your own in a "Features and Feedback" section of our forum where we could follow up the conversation and other Members would have a chance to join us in it.

This ticket was about a bit different issue and is already quite old so let's keep it closed for now :slight_smile:

Best regards,
      Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.