SmartCrawl & Automate issues in the Hub

Hey there!

I have been having this problem for about a week or two now, I am unable to get an overview of the site's SEO from the Hub. The error message says:" Your SEO crawl has timed out due to an unknown error. Please try again or contact support."

Additionally, Automate had also been automatically disabled 2 days ago due to a backup error, to which I have tried re-configuring Snapshot and Automate but to no avail.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello EDWIN,

I'm sorry that our services are not working correctly on your site.

I can see those issue in the Hub but I would need to see how it looks on the site side.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5
    (you might need to revoke and then enable again access, because I can see its open, but throws an error that it's available)

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi EDWIN

How are you today?

Thank you for the access, wouldn't you mind, please, increase the max execution time and the PHP memory limit for this website.

Please, using the FTP/SFTP access the WordPress installation, check if you have a php.ini or a .user.ini file, if you don't have, please, create a new php.ini file open the file and find or add those lines:

max_execution_time = 250
    memory_limit = 512M

You can check our blog post for a detailed guide https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

After increasing the values, access your WordPress > WPMU DEV dashboard plugin > Support > System info, to make sure the new values are working fine.

Then, please, try to run a new SEO report from the Hub and enable Automate service back.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi EDWIN

Just update my previous reply, seems the images are not uploading.

To check the max execution time and PHP memory limit, please, access your front end site and add the line after the domain.

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-support&view=system

E.g: yoursite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-support&view=system

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

• Lemon Media
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Patrick. I think there was a problem with this ticket because I have previously replied. Nonetheless, I have already added a php.ini file with that 2 lines above. However, the Hub still doesn't seem to be working well.

I am not that tech-savvy of a person, so thank you for being patient in guiding me through the steps. Do let me know what else do I have to do on my end. Thank you!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi EDWIN,

Thanks for your reply. It's absolutely ok if these seem to be complex but don't worry, we are here to help.

Can you please check this blog article to know how you can increase the max_execution_time and memory_limit for your WordPress site? https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

This article described it nicely and in details, so it becomes easier for you to understand the process.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. Also, please let us know if this doesn't resolve the Hub issue for you. We will be very glad to investigate further.

Regards,
    Rupok

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

HI EDWIN

Hoe you are doing well.

Sorry to hear that you still have the problem, wouldn't you mind, please, send me some information, and we can take a closer look for you?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"

- Site login URL:

- WordPress admin username:
    - WordPress admin password:

- FTP/SFTP credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:

- cPanel credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:

- Folder path to the site in question:

- Link back to this thread for reference

- Any other relevant URLs/info:

Please, reply to the ticket once you have sent the information.
    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

• Lemon Media
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Also, backups aren't working properly as well. I've been receiving email notifications that my backups failed, so I increased the max execution time to 150 and things started working.

However, on the HUB, the upload remains in progress at 100% and it has been like that for quite some time already.

• Lemon Media
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Also, backups aren't working properly as well. I've been receiving email notifications that my backups failed, so I increased the max execution time to 150 and things started working.

However, on the HUB, the upload remains in progress at 100% and it has been like that for quite some time already.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello EDWIN,

The HUB is not syncing properly actually. Yes, the SEO tab is displaying a score of 100/100 but on my site, that's not what it is.

This is because SEO tab is not showing the same thing that you have in SEO results. It is about the SEO Crawl. We are aware that this is confusing and our developers will change that in the new version of the Hub.

This looks like a glitch. I have cancelled this one and it is not showing anymore. Can you start again Managed Backup and see if it will finish also in Hub?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.