SmartCrawl breaks VisualComposer

If SmartCrawl is not enabled on a site, Visual Composer works fine. When network enabled, it immediately causes VC to use "backend mode" as default instead of 'classic mode' (visual editor). Also a layerslider shortcode disappears from layerslider field on page editing screen.

To test that, simply try to edit the page on main site of the multisite with and without SmartCrawl enabled.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello ingenio,

Would it be possible to run full plugin conflict test on your staging site as described in getting support manual E. Plugin Conflict Test
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

I am asking for that, because I tested VC and LayerSlider with SmartCrawl (same version as on your site) on my lab multisite and I was not able to replicate this issue at all.
    VC loads in backend mode all the time and I am able to add LayerSlider shortcode.
    I also noticed that Backend mode on your site is loading fine for some pages (on main site: Contact, Search listining, Featured Listings) but not for Home Page.
    I enabled debug mode in WP, but nothing was generated, so my suspicion is that there is another plugin involved there.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• ingenio

Hi Kasia,

Thank you for looking into this. Since it's a staging site, please feel free to do anything you need, run plugin conflict test etc. I noticed too that this issue happens only on the home page. All settings on the editing page (for the home page) are affected, not only the missing code for the layerslider shortcode, but other default settings as well, for example "show title area" should be "no", etc.

Also, please note that if you install the previous version of smartcrawl, everything works fine.

Let me know if you need anything else, thank you so much!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello ingenio,

I narrowed this to Mikado Core - with SmartCrawl enabled and Core plugin disabled VC starts working again correctly on the home page (also "show title area" setting).

But unlucky I wasn't still able to replicate this issue on my lab site even with theme and Mikado Core - it works without any issues.

In this case I have to escalate this to Second Line Support (our coding experts) and they will give closer look there.
    If possible I would like to leave your staging site as it is now, so devs will have a clear view on what is happening.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Panos

Hi ingenio ,

From description I didn't understand which page this issue is happening. I checked the Home page with and without Smartcrawl active, but I couldn't find any difference. It's a big page and probably missed something there.

I have installed a beta version of Smartcrawl which solves similar issues with other page builders. I can't verify if it works on your site though. Could you have a look and let me know if issue is still there?

Thanks!

• Scott

I hope this was not resolved because Smartcrawl continues to conflict with Visual Composer:

My post on another thread...
    Smartcrawl should be looked into again.

On every site we manage (including a Multisite network), Smartcrawl has been Removing/Clearing Page Titles & Descriptions (even after set via Page Edit & Quick Edit); in-addition, Smartcrawl has been Causing page Settings to revert to their defaults on some themes (Specifically "The7", "L'bum", "BeTheme" - I have disabled plugins and confirmed Smartcrawl is the issue), AND will "break" Visual Composer on the Backend (screenshots: 7:32.23AM is Smartcrawl Activated on a Multisite, 7:33.26AM is Smartcrawl Deactivated on Multisite, same site/page).

SPECIFIC ISSUE: WOOCOMMERCE
    In-addition, we are not able to set the Title & Description for the Primary Shop page for WooCommerce. Rather, the Shop Page Title ends up displaying the Name of the 1st Product listed on the page.

SPECIFIC ISSUE: MULTISITE
    Even though Smartcrawl's Role is set for site Editors & up to manage settings, Smartcrawl does not appear anywhere in any sub-site admin (not in the top bar or side bar).

Unsure why this is occurring, but have had to revert back to Yoast & AIO SEO Pack; which I'd rather not do.

Please advise, thanks.

WP v.4.9.3
    Smartcrawl v.2.1.0.1
    WooCommerce v.3.2.6
    PHP v.7.0

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.