[SmartCrawl] Conflict with Sliced Invoices Client Area

SmartCrawl is unexpectedly conflicting with the Sliced Invoice plugin and it's "Client Area" extension. By default, the "Client Area" extension has a shortcode [sliced-client-area], which if put in a page displays a login form for visitors and the client area for logged-in users.

When SmartCrawl is activated and the "Title and Meta" module is enabled, it makes an additional login form show up along with the existing client area login form and makes the client area for logged-in users empty.

This issue started showing up after we updated the Sliced Invoices plugin today to the latest version. Could you take a look and advice on how we should proceed?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Adnan

Our developers are looking into this but I'd like to ask you to try one more thing meanwhile. It's a little "trick" but might help.

Try adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file of your site, right above "/* That's all, stop editing */":

define('SMARTCRAWL_FORCE_REWRITE_TITLE', true);

I tested it on my test setup and it helped, though please note that I used just a basic site so I'm not sure about the "side-effects". Give it a try please and if it helps and everything else works fine, you might want to keep the line there until some fix (either on our side or from Sliced Invoices) is released.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adnan

Hi Adam,

Thank you, I will try that out... also the plugin developer has provided this info below...

The research is in progress. There are some relatively many changes between two versions in both backend and frontend sides. I hope I’ll find something. Please be patient. But for now I have some more questions for you.

1. Please drop me here (or attach) your server’s System Info which could be found on the Sliced Invoices > Tools page. It possibly could be helpful for me as well to understand what’s happening.
    2. Please check for any error in your Browser’s console and let me know if anything is present there (this gives us the information about frontend issues, conflicts, etc.)
    3. Please make the following changes to your wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    4. Please turn on php error reporting.
    5. Finally please try reproducing the errors again. Now your errors and warnings should be visible and logged. There could appear the /wp-content/debug.log file with your logged messages (if the directory is writable and if some errors are really there, otherwise no log file is created). Please send me those messages as well, if any.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Adnan

Thank you, I will try that out..

Once you do this, let me know please if it helped as I'd like to let our developers know about it as well.

Also the plugin developer has provided this info below...

Yes, that's a reasonable request from Sliced Invoices developer. It's fairly standard set of information necessary to help him "pin-point" the problem. All that information are about your site, not our platform so please provide him with those. You'll be able to get them from your site and server and it would help them track down the changes in their plugin that are causing this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.