SmartCrawl conflict Yoast

Category pages aren't loading when SmartCrawl, and Yoast plugin are active. The page loads fine when either one of the plugins are disabled.

• Nithin

Hi Ian,

I was able to replicate the same issue in my test server. I could notice the following fatal error within the Yoast plugin side:

PHP Fatal error: ob_start(): Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo-premium/frontend/class-frontend.php on line 1820

This looks more like an issue specific to Yoast, however, I'm bringing this into the developers attention to see whether there is anything that could be corrected within the SmartCrawl side, or not.

Will keep you updated in this ticket, once I get a feedback regarding this from the developers asap. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Jason,

Is there a benefit to having both SmartCrawl and Yoast active at the same time?

The SmartCrawl plugin isn't configured out of the box, or recommend to be used along with Yoast at the same time. The plugin should carry out most of the SEO features by itself.

There isn't any specific benefits, other than usability, some members do seem to use Yoast along with SmartCrawl, if they want to use specific feature,or function in Yoast rather than in SmartCrawl.

If using both plugins, you'll have to keep a note that having same features enabled in both plugins can cause conflicts, so you'll have to make sure to disable any similar settings enabled in either of these plugins.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.