Smartcrawl grabs a sub-domain which should be excluded

I noticed sitemap.xml smartcrawl grabs a sub-domain. Also, the page ranking seems to have gone down after I have started using SmartCrawl.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Tim Emineth

Sorry to know that you are having some issues.

I have checked your sitemap but I don't see any subdomain in the sitemap. Would you please let me know which subdomain you are seeing there?

About the page ranking, we will need some more information:
    1. what kind of tool are you using for the ranking metric?
    2. how exactly did you gauge the ranking drop?
    3. where they were (and when) before, and where they are now. Numbers and dates

Please let us know about these and we will get the developer to check it.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Tim Emineth
    • Flash Drive

1. The tool we use for the ranking metric is Manual Search (logged out of Google and in incognito mode using a VPN in the Netherlands)
    2. I gauge rank drop over time meaning I noticed a drop and left it alone giving it some time for the site to bounce back due to the change from Yoast to SmartCrawl
    3. See images from SEM Rush
    4. The sub-domain issue might have been fixed from the last tech it isn't there this morning.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tim Emineth,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

4. The sub-domain issue might have been fixed from the last tech it isn't there this morning.

Sounds like the main query raised in the ticket has been fixed? Please do let us know if there are any other aspects regarding this that you want us to give a closer look at.

With rank drops, it's tough to say what exact factors would be causing this, and it can vary upon the algorithm, site content, even cached elements etc

In general, checking the Google Search Console data, and re-clawing the site via the console should give you a better idea if there is anything being missed too, and any errors that are causing this. If the console is clean, then it can take some time for the site to get back to its normal form as you have mentioned.

Please do let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tim Emineth,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for sharing the chart, but I'm afraid the graph isn't clear enough to pinpoint what exactly could be causing this.

Could I know what Google Console Data point out about the Rank drop when you compare the graphs? Are there any links lost etc?

Such anomalies could also happen if there is any core update too, Google seems to recently have one such update:
    https://moz.com/google-algorithm-change
    https://searchengineland.com/google-has-released-a-broad-core-search-algorithm-update-this-week-313905

You might find the following links helpful for further reading:
    https://cognitiveseo.com/blog/4644/6-google-ranking-drops-and-how-to-deal-with-them/

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.