SmartCrawl images Alt issue

I'm having trouble addressing a couple issues reported by SEO scan with SmartCrawl.

First is the image alt attributes. Although all images have Alt Text assigned from media library, I get a couple reported with missing "alt" attributes. (Aside note, the images are loaded from CDN so not sure if that might cause the alt attributes to be striped off).

And there's also H1 Heading and URL structure report that keywords are not descriptive. But those do have keywords added.

See the screenshot.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Anthony

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

We need to run some tests to figure out what is causing this problem, wouldn’t you mind, please, deactivate the CDN, clean the caches and run a new SmartCrawl test, and check if the problem persists?

If so, please, could you send me some credentials, and I can take a closer look?

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: “Attn: Patrick Freitas”

– Site login URL:

– WordPress admin username:

– WordPress admin password:

– FTP/SFTP credentials

Host:

Username:

Password:

Port:

– cPanel credentials

Host:

Username:

Password:

– Folder path to the site in question:

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant URLs/info:

Please, reply to the ticket once you have sent the information.

Best Regards

Patrick Freitas

• Anthony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello, I appear to still be having the issue after having deactivated cloudflare CDN and clearing the cache. I have sent the information you asked for via the contact form. Also, any help with the other issues that my smart crawl report is pulling up would be great as i have been trying and cant seem to figure out how to fix those either.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Anthony

How are you today?

This alt problem is happening because the Sydney theme.

The portfolio feature is not rendering the alt attribute in the HTML, as you can see in the screenshot.

I downloaded the theme and could replicate on my end, also I had a look at theme's code, but it would need some fix on the code, I suggest you contact the theme provider and report this issue. https://forums.athemes.com/c/sydney

Another solution is finding another portfolio plugin to replace this theme feature, like this plugin, https://wordpress.org/plugins/portfolio-elementor/ or any other.

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Anthony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Switching themes would be a timely change so I’m hoping I can avoid that. I tried using the plug in you recommended for the portfolio and it seems to function properly except that when I click an item it takes me to what looks like a cached image file rather than a light box or the portfolio item info like it is suppose to.But it does seem to have fixed the image ALT issue in the SEO report. Can you just help me figure out why its linking the items to a cached file rather than the lightbox?

I also do not know how to fix the other seo issues it is reporting. See screenshot: [image pos=”0″]

• Anthony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

It does not appear my screenshot is posting is there another way I can show you the issues I am referring to. Its the ones on my latest smartcrawl report if you can please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Thank you so much

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Anthony

How are you?

That Portfolio plugin was just an example, you can use any other plugin that renders the ALT too and opens as a lightbox.

The other problem can be solved configuring your keywords. Just edit the Post/Page, scroll down to SmartCrawl box, and set your Keyword

It will fix this problem too,

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

• Anthony
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The Plug In you had recommended does have a lightbox and also a feature to link to the portfolio item page, but neither seems to be working or is conflicting with something else because it just opens the featured image file instead of whatever I tell it to do. I also notice that when its opening the image it has the jetpack logo next to it as the favicon, so im not sure what is going on there.

As for the keywords, I did have them configured for my pages, or at least i thought I did. Am i not entering them correctly?

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Anthony

How are you today?

I opened a couple of page and post, I see some pages with keywords missing, could you double check, all pages and then try to run a new SEO test, and see if the problem is gone?

The Plug In you had recommended does have a lightbox and also a feature to link to the portfolio item page

As I said, that plugin is one example of many on wp.org https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/portfolio/ you need to test and find the one that fit your needs :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.