[SMARTCRAWL] import metadata does not work

I try to import SmartCrawl data from staging site to live site, but it does not import metadata (Title, Description, Keywords).

During the chat we made full plugin/theme conflict on my second staging site and issue still exist.

Also during the chat agent was able to replicate this issue. Can we get some fix for this?

Thank you

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jerrad

I have a talk with the developer, and seems this is not a bug and an intended behavior. But he would like to add the feature, so I am marking this as a feature request as we want to hear more voices from other members as well. Thank you for pointing on this.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Jerrad
    • Recruit

Hi Ash,

Can I please get a little more detail about the developers response.
    Is SmartCrawl not capable of exporting its data , and importing back into SmartCrawl ?

Or does he mean we cannot import from a staging site, into a production site?

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jerrad

Currently, smartcrawl doesn't import and export the post meta values. The importer/exporter is used for settings only. The exported json file does include post meta values. However we don't have code for importing those values.

But we have created a feature request, so the developer will work on that very soon :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
      Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.