SmartCrawl inaccurate report from page editor

Having an issue where SmartCrawl is showing certain SEO issues while those are already resolved.

For example Images are reported as not having the ALT tag when editing a page/post.

While, if you go to SmartCrawl general scan result, it shows that Images ALT tags is fine.

The same thing happens for posts/pages Subheadings keywords.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Larry,

Hope you're doing well.

We recently had a release that improved scanning of pages that are made by page builders, however, I do still see that there are some issues with your page.
    I'm not sure if this is general builder issue as that should be resolved, or it's something specific to The7 theme and its Visual Builder which seems to have some modifications compared to default Visual Builder provided by WP Bakery.

I've reported this to our developers so they can investigate it further and see what might be the issue here.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Larry,

We did some further investigation about this and it seems that actually everything is working properly, let me explain it in more details below.

The first thing to note here is that SEO Scan and SEO Analysis of the page/post are not the same things, I misread the question a bit at first so I didn't catch this and was focused more on the results in the page itself.

SEO Scan does a scan of your homepage, while SEO Analysis is checking the content of the page itself, so if your homepage is sorted out it will show in SEO Scan that all is in order, but you could still have some SEO issues on your specific pages/posts.

Now, on the page mentioned in chat, Zero Liquid Discharge, you have reports for image and subheadings missing keywords.
    If you check your subheadings you will see that not all of them have keywords, for example Technologies and Recent Projects.

As for the images, if you check images in the Recent Projects section none of them have keywords and that's why SmartCrawl is reporting them.

Hope this explains everything :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag