SmartCrawl Issues

Hi Team, just a heads up I have had some issues with loading time and being able to save updates using SmartCrawl on both Extra and Divi by ElegantThemes. I had to disable the plugin and it seemed to fix them. Is this a known issue and will it be fixed or do I need an alternative plugin?

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hello Chris
    There has been some similar report with previous version of SmartCrawl but those should have been addressed by the latest releases.

You can enable support access to the site and let us know so we can take a look at that.

The following can also be added to your wp-config.php file see if that take care of the issue:
    define('SMARTCRAWL_FORCE_REWRITE_TITLE', true);

Note, if the site is live it would be better to setup a staging clone of the live network. And provide us credentials to it along with FTP or cpanel access so we can perform some troubleshooting..

You can send in the following using our contact form:

Subject: "Attn: Huberson Dorvilus"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP/Cpanel credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Regards,
    Huberson

• KunSoren
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have problem with the latest smartcrawl version also.

With DIVI and Buddyform, the smartcrawl screw up the buddform short codes

IM worried about this with smartcrawl, now we had 2 incident this year with smartcrawl make issues after updates

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi KunSoren,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with making the plugin work as intended. Does adding the following code inside wp-config.php as stated above helps in your case?

define('SMARTCRAWL_FORCE_REWRITE_TITLE', true);

You'll have to make sure to add the above code before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If you still have issues even after implementing the above code, then it needs to be troubleshooted further. You can open a new chat with our Live Support agent, if you are looking to troubleshoot this further, so that we could help get this fixed.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Sam Crowe
    • New Recruit

I found this conversation as I was trying to figure out what to do with SMart Crawl.
    When it is active on my client's site it interferes specifically with UABB (Ultimate Add Ons For Beaver Builder) it jumbles up images that are in a grid, adds hyperlinks to some random words in headings, and disrupts buttons. I don't know enough to recognize how it is doing it. All I know is that deactivating it resolves all my Gremlin-like issues.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Sam Crowe,

Sorry to hear about the issue, sounds like this could be a compatibility issue. However, since the UABB plugin is a premium plugin we aren't sure what exactly is causing this.

Does the solution mentioned in the previous reply, to add the code inside wp-config.php as above makes any difference?

If you still have the same issue, would highly recommend you to open a new Live Chat with us so that this could be looked upon closely.

Please use the following link to open a live chat:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/support/#get-support

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.