Smartcrawl keyword on the homepage

The SEO checkup shows a red flag for URL Structure Key words, however, my homepage is set as a static page and the keywords were added inside the smarcrawl metabox of the page.

• Jason

Luis,

Thank you for following up on that. They should give you a bonus for identifying a bug.

Now I have to figure out why Snapshot stalls at 95%

Can you please remind me what you said about updating my tweaked theme? (When we were disconnected I lost the chat text.) Something about how if the theme css is tweaked (in Themes/Editor, I guess) then I should not update the theme, but if the tweaks were done through the theme widgets only, then I CAN update the theme. Is that right?

Thanks again,
    Jason

• Luís

Hi Jason ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Based on what I checked, you are not using a Child theme, so, in this case, if you made any change on the theme core files, once you update the theme, these changes will be lost. I mean, if you used Appearances -> Editor, to edit the theme style.css file, then, once you update the theme, all the changes will be lost.

For this, its advisable to create a child theme and do the changes in the child theme, in order to don't lose them on the update:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

However, if you used a plugin to add custom CSS, or if the you used the Customizer (Appearances -> Customizer -> Additional CSS), all the changes should be kept. But will strongly recommend you to do a full backup before proceed to the update, just to stay in the safe side.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you still have doubts about this, please open a separated topic or a Live Chat, so we can give a look and help you better.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.