Smartcrawl keyword on the homepage

The SEO checkup shows a red flag for URL Structure Key words, however, my homepage is set as a static page and the keywords were added inside the smarcrawl metabox of the page.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Jason ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

After our live chat, I gave a closer look on this and it seems a bug. When the homepage is set to a static page (in Settings -> Reading) and even filling the Smartcrawl metabox inside the page editor, the Keywords meta tag is not being generated.

I’ve confirmed this bug and flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap.

Cheers, Luís

• Jason
    • Flash Drive

Luis,

Thank you for following up on that. They should give you a bonus for identifying a bug.

Now I have to figure out why Snapshot stalls at 95%

Can you please remind me what you said about updating my tweaked theme? (When we were disconnected I lost the chat text.) Something about how if the theme css is tweaked (in Themes/Editor, I guess) then I should not update the theme, but if the tweaks were done through the theme widgets only, then I CAN update the theme. Is that right?

Thanks again,

Jason

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Jason ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Based on what I checked, you are not using a Child theme, so, in this case, if you made any change on the theme core files, once you update the theme, these changes will be lost. I mean, if you used Appearances -> Editor, to edit the theme style.css file, then, once you update the theme, all the changes will be lost.

For this, its advisable to create a child theme and do the changes in the child theme, in order to don’t lose them on the update:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

However, if you used a plugin to add custom CSS, or if the you used the Customizer (Appearances -> Customizer -> Additional CSS), all the changes should be kept. But will strongly recommend you to do a full backup before proceed to the update, just to stay in the safe side.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you still have doubts about this, please open a separated topic or a Live Chat, so we can give a look and help you better.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.