Smartcrawl not saving meta data

Smartcrawl is working properly for post and pages, but it's not saving the meta data (title, description, etc) to custom post type.

The pages are from the plugin LearnDash LMS.

• Nithin

Hello damian,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tried to replicate this issue in my system, by installing LearnDash LMS, and SmartCrawl plugin, and I'm not able to replicate the issue in my system. The Meta datas entered were saved once the page was updated for the Lessons.

On giving a closer look at your website, I created a new Lesson called Test, and I wasn't able to replicate such an issue in your website with the new lesson, it's now saved as draft for you to double check whether there is any steps missing to replicate the issue in the newly created Lesson.

Also, I checked other published lesson, and I don't see any issue with saving Meta datas in those too.

Seems like the issue is only specific to Module 2 Case Studies lesson? Is there any other lessons where you notice the same issue? I was able to notice the issue only in your Module 2 Case Studies lesson.

I checked for console errors, and enabled debug mode, but it doesn't seem to give any clue regarding what could be causing the issue in your Module 2 Case Studies Lesson. We can only troubleshoot an issue further, if we could replicate it in our side too.

Could you please point out if there is any steps that's missing to replicate the issue in your new Lesson called "Test" that I have created in your website? This should help us in having a better idea regarding what could be causing this.

Also, this looks more like a live site, if you could provide a staging website, it would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue extensively, without affecting the workflow of your live site. You could use a plugin like Duplicator to create a staging/clone of your live site.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please advise if there is anything that's missed, so that we could test this extensively. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.