[SmartCrawl Pro] Add SEO title & meta column to page & post lists

I'd love to be able to see which pages or posts I've manually set a title or description for using SmartCrawl, by adding the ability to toggle a column from screen options on the list of pages and posts.

This way I can easily make sure all pages have been manually edited or identify any specific posts or pages which have a manually edited title and/or description via SmartCrawl.

I know this detail is often long and may throw columns out when enabled, but I can cope with that.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Guy

I hope you’re fine today!

I understand that you’d like to be able to toggle additional information by enabling/disabling some related option in “screen options” tab, right?

I got a question though: should that just be the content of the SmartCrawl’s “title” and “description” tags or rather some sort of indicator (an icon maybe?) just showing whether given post/page has “custom set” those or not?

For example: if SmartCrawl “title” is empty there should be an empty column for this displayed or rather some icon/message that it’s not been set?

What do you think?

Best regards,

Adam

• Guy
    • n00bl0rd

Hi Adam,

Yes your suggestion of an icon to display whether there’s detail in either the title or description fields or both is much neater than my original post! This would keep the columns much narrower and still give the basic level of visibility that I require.

Nice thinking and would probably make the feature much more simple to implement.

Thanks,

Guy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Guy

Thanks! I think icons would be a nice indication that would let you see/check this very quick.

But I got a small update (or rather “dementi”:wink: for you. While responding to you previously, I focused on description meta tag but the “title” column actually already is there. I somehow missed that completely. That shouldn’t happen and I apologize for misinforming you.

The title tag column can be enabled via “screen options” tab and it will do just that: show a column that includes the “title” that’s currently set for a post/page – if you didn’t set it manually in “on page” SEO settigns, it will show current content of automatically generated one (according to general SmartCrawl “title & meta” settings) and if you do set it manually, this one will be displayed there.

Also the current setting of “robots” meta tag can be displayed that way (index, no index, follow, no follow).

However, the description tag is not included there indeed so that request (and I suggested it already to our developers) is still valid. I still think that icons would be handy too :wink:

Best regards,

Adam

• Guy
    • n00bl0rd

Hi Adam,

Yeah I see the title tag column on there, but I’d like the security of the knowledge of knowing where that title tag has been specified, i.e. via SmartCrawl. So if the icons would be displayed, I know that a title tag has been manually, carefully written by a human rather than generated by something else.

Thanks for the mea culpa though!

Guy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.