[SmartCrawl Pro] Character count for SmartCrawl Pro meta description & titles

I know there's a nice colour-changing bar which shows when you've got too little, too much or just the right amount of characters on meta titles or descriptions with SmartCrawl Pro, however...

It would be quite nice if it showed these as a character count so I can be specific about exactly how long these meta titles and descriptions are.

As an added bonus, I know there's already an option to set these as a "hard limit", but the ability to be able to change that hard limit value myself would be quite neat.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Guy

There are currently those bars, indeed, as this is mostly an indicator of whether it's "optimal or not". The "limits" are set following Google recommendations so they are "hard" in that sense that the color bar "reacts" to them but it doesn't mean that you can't use longer or shorter titles and descriptions as you can just ignore the color indication.

I just thought it's wort explaining :slight_smile:

I agree tho that it could make a great feature to show a character count explicitly, as it could make your work easier sometimes.

I've already brought that to our SmartCrawl developers team for further consideration but let's keep this thread open so other Members could provide their feedback and/or support on this too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Andy
    • Product Design Lead

Hey Guy ,

Thanks for the feedback. A small change like this can be so much more helpful when creating titles etc of the right length - it's a guessing game otherwise.

In terms of the length, we do use Google's recommended lengths - but it's always a guessing game and in the end, quality content will rule all. An option to change the max count, and also displaying the count itself are totally valid - I'll throw it in the pipeline. :metal:

Thanks again!
    Andy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.