[SmartCrawl Pro] False 404 errors

Hello.

Why is it saying there are 12 404 occurrences? All those links exist you can view them for yourself.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Jonathan,

hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

In order to enable some debugger and further investigate this, could you please send me an email with some more access details? As this is a public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"

- WordPress admin (login URL/username/password)
    - (S)FTP credentials for file access (host/username/password/path of the website in question)
    - server panel/cPanel/Plesk/phpMyAdmin credentials for database access (login URL/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Jonathan !
    Hope you are doing well today!

Thank you very much for sending the credentials to us. Once we discovered that the site was hosted in WPMU DEV hosting, I went ahead and created a staging site (along with an SFTP account for the staging site) for further investigation.

We have escalated this to our Second Level Support team. They'll be back to us with clues, workarounds, and fixes (if possible) for now in this ticket (or we'll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the Second Level Support team might be a bit delayed than that of the general Support staff. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this.

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Jonathan !

Really sorry for missing this for so long. I ran a new crawl on your site and it found 34 404 links. I checked them all and indeed they are not loading. Those were probably mentioned somewhere in your pages from the past but not valid anymore, so those might need to be updated. Those are all related to product pages, some product categories or products might not exist.

Kind regards!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jonathan

I trust you're doing well!

I've recrawled your site and SmartCrawl found 179 broken links. Some of the links are actually true, for example
    /product-category/chicos/page/4/?product_group=sale&shop_columns=6
    On a page /product-category/chicos/page/4/?product_group=sale this links indeed lead to 404 page

About 120 reported links are coming from the YITH WooCommerce Compare plugin, these links are showing up only when a certain action is done on your site. These links can be ignored

/?action=yith-woocompare-add-product&id=1105

As for the rest of the false positive links, we have used our developers to have a closer look. We will follow back in this thread once there will be an update.

We appreciate your patience!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.