[SmartCrawl Pro] hreflang meta

Can we add hreflang support to Smartcrawl?

• Race Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Andy.

Almost all of ours are in english but we have over 100 different countries targetted - so for us it is more about telling search engines which pages are most relevant to which country.

hreflang meta is the most appropriate way to do that.

• Andy
      • Product Design Lead

Race Media Ahh right! Got muddled with languages (which we have support for in Sitemaps coming soon). Reading further into hreflang tags I can see now it's more around localization, and it appears you can take it quite specific too (cities/regions). In essence it appears to be a relatively simple feature to add so I don't imagine it'll be long away :wink:

What else is missing that you'd find helpful. Given the number of sites you are running I am always keen to hear from seasoned pros :rocket:

• Race Media
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Andy - yes spot on. We use to for localisation but it can also declare languages
    Example : es-es vs es-en

Potential features:

* Shortcodes for dates like [year] [month] [day] which can be used in seo meta that will auto show dates one SEO title - example : "Best Widgets 2019" written in smartcrawl as "Best Widgets [year]
    *An alert or reminder that can be added to a page or post to return and update a page after a preset period of time
    * Robots.txt editor
    * Control over rich snippets/schema on a page by page and post by post basis as well as sitewide
    would be a bonus
    * Not sure on this one but think they sitemap might be capped at 1000 urls? Ability to increase that would be useful

• Andy
    • Product Design Lead

Race Media Awesome, great list and thanks for this!

- Robots.txt editor = coming soon.
    - 1000 URLs cap = sitemap splitting coming soon (will solve this).

And the others I have logged, we are just working on cleaning up SmartCrawl and fixing up bugs that have been left too long and then we're diving head first into some awesome improvements!

Cheers,
    Andy

• Andy
      • Product Design Lead

Hi Race Media ,

Things are coming along nicely and a bunch of them will be in the wild soon, alongside some other major improvements not mentioned here. After that we're working on full schema control and the language side of things. Things take a bit of time to ensure the proper testing and dev processes are followed. Keep checking in, you'll see some good upgrades coming through shortly.

Thanks!
      Andy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.