[SmartCrawl Pro] Latest SmartCrawl Update Causing Dashboard Slow-Downs

Recently I noticed that my admin dashboard for the posts listing (wp-admin/edit.php) was taking much longer than usual to load, sometimes close to 30 seconds if I had 20 posts listed. Also, I encountered an issue on the dashboard page for editing the Menu (wp-admin/nav-menus.php) where any time I hit Save it would hang indefinitely, eating up my server's RAM and maxing out the CPU until it timed out after about 300 seconds. The rest of the site and the other dashboard pages worked fine.

Upon investigating recent updates I temporarily deactivated the SmartCrawl plugin and sure enough these issues went away. I've granted support access to my site so you guys can investigate the latest SmartCrawl update. Hope this helps with troubleshooting!

• AtmoVantage
    • Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All

To follow-up and help the Dev team diagnose this issue, I've narrowed it down one of these issues being the Readability Analysis. When I turned this particular module off the dashboard posts page loads normally. The Menu dashboard issue was not fixed by turned off the Readability Analysis. If I find the particular module affecting the Menu dashboard I'll post here gain.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Appreciate the feedback on this! :slight_smile:

This is already reported to us and next plugin release is already in our QA queue.
    Hopefully, this will be published very soon!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

PS. Readability Analysis is what causing that, so deactivating it should be a temporary solution.

• Nahid
      • Tech Support

Hey Forbes Industries !
      Hope you are having a great day!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. The bug which was addressed in this ticket had been fixed and released within version 2.2.1.

However, by any chance, if you are encountering a delay in saving pages/posts and menus, that is due to a recently introduced bug which takes action if the "Page Analysis" and "Readability Analysis" modules are active on your WordPress Dashboard->SmartCrawl -> Settings -> General Settings. If this is the case, our developers have a fix for this already which is under QA testing and is queued to be released along with the next update. For updates regarding this fix, you can take a look and subscribe to this ticket.

If that is not the case, please get in touch with the Support team here so that we can address your issue separately, as we are highly keen on keeping a ticket specific to one member and one issue only.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
      Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.