[SmartCrawl Pro] Message says robots.txt is present when it’s not

When I activated the Robots.txt editor on my site it was saying there is a robots.txt file, but it can’t be edited. I checked via FTP, but there was no such file. Adding a new one fixed the issue, but I think the message is incorrect in that case.

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello again Jeroen Vandessel !

I’ve traced all the code in SmartCrawl that is responsible for displaying the notice that the robots.txt file is already present and I wasn’t able to find anything that would cause that to fail and show the notice when the file isn’t there. So I’m not sure what happened there, but I forwarded that to the developers of SmartCrawl to double check. Either me or my teammates will update you if they find anything interesting on that.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello again Jeroen !

We have a request as we would like to check that issue further. Would you mind creating a new empty site on the same server so we can check that out? If yes, please do and please send us the credentials so the developers can log in and run any tests necessary to find out what caused that notice to appear.

Note: Please don’t leave your login details in this ticket as this is a public forum and anyone will be able to see them.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

NOTE: Don’t change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at “I have a different question”.

Subject: “Attn: Pawel Pela
    – Site login URL
    – WordPress admin username
    – WordPress admin password
    – FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    – cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    – Folder path to site in question
    – Link back to this thread for reference
    – Any other relevant urls/info

Please reply in this ticket after you send those details so we can pass them to the developers.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.