[SmartCrawl Pro] OpenGraph Image Size

Hello,

SmartCrawl uses the full-size version of the Featured Image, which is a great start. With a particular site I am working on, their original images are huge. It doesn't matter elsewhere on the site because I am passing them through cloudinary which automatically resizes them. However, I would like to be able to control the size of the image that gets output in the OpenGraph image tag without modifying the original source image.

My preference would be to filter the URL and use a cloudflare URL, but using a locally defined image size could also work.

Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi James,

At the moment, as you have stated it’ll require resizing the source image. I’ll have to check with our developer to see whether there is any hooks that could be worked upon regarding this.

Will keep you posted once I get any further feedback regarding this asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Nithin

• James
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello –

Wanted to check back on this.

Is there any way to automatically specify that the OG image should use either one of the sizes generated by WP or a custom path?

One the sites in question our original images are purposefully *very* large. All the images displayed to the user get processed by a 3rd party service called cloudinary, but the OG image referenced the original image which is sometimes too big for Facebook to pull.

I saw in another thread that someone said smartcrawl uses the “thumbnail” size, but that’s not true (though perhaps it was sometime in the past)

Thanks

• Kris
    • Support

Hi James

I consult this with our developers and at this point SmartCrawl take original image to og:image meta.

I am marking your thread as a feature request so that other members can share their thoughts on this. If more people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include selecting thumbnail feature for og:image in our future releases.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• James
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Gotcha. Yeah, doing that manually won’t be practical in this case.

I know this isn’t a great solution, but instead what I have done is edited one line in each the OG printing and twitter printing files to call the function I need in order to modify the image path. This seems to work.

What’s the best way to track progress on a feature request?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.