Pages blank with active SmartCrawl Pro

Hi,

We have noticed that some of the pages on our site are completely blank and have already found out that SmartCrawl Pro is creating that issue.
Could you please take a look at the site? The support access is already activated.

Br, Dejan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Dejan Vidovic

I hope you're well today!

I'll be happy to assist you with this but I'll need some more information first. I've accessed your but I see that SmartCrawl is disabled. You mentioned "some blank pages" only so I'm not sure whether it's on back-end or front-end and which pages that would be.

Taking that into account, I didn't risk enabling SmarCrawl yet because in case it took the entire site (or entire back-end) down, I wouldn't be able to disabled it as I only got "support access" to the site, which doesn't let me access files on server.

That said, could you please tell me if it's entire front- or back-end going blank? Or, if only some pages, which ones (some examples would be fine).

If back-end still works, I understand that's enough to deactivate SmartCrawl on "Plugins -> All plugins" page and everything gets back to normal, is that right?

Let me know about it but also please run a short test first:

1. Access the site install via cPanel or FTP
    2. Edit "wp-config.php" file and add following lines there:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Make sure that these lines are right above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line.

3. Once they are there enable SmartCrawl again and "trigger" these blank pages
    4. After that access the site install again via FTP or cPanel and look into the "/wp-content/" folder. If there's a "debug.log" file there, please download it, rename to "debug.txt" and attach to your response there. In case the file was too big and you weren't able to attach it, please upload it to some file storage of yours (like e.g. your Google Drive or Dropbox account) and instead share a download link with me here.

Hopefully, this will give me some additional clue on what's happening on your site.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dejan Vidovic

Thank you for you response.

I checked the site again and I could see the issue there. I left SmartCrawl disabled for now but I think this might be a different "mutation" of an issue that our developers are already aware of. Let's then try to confirm that, ok?

Please add yet another line to the "wp-config.php" file (above "/* That's all, stop editing */"):

define('SMARTCRAWL_FORCE_REWRITE_TITLE', true);

Once that's done, enable SmartCrawl back, clear all cache on site (I see you're using WP Rocket there) and check if the issue still happens.

Let me know about results, please. If this helps, keep the line there as a workaround and I'll add this case to a bug report for our developers and if not, I'll ask you for more direct access and we'll further investigate the issue to find a solution.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.