SmartCrawl Pro plugin causing 500 error on site

When I enable SmartCrawl pro, I get a 500 error every time I try to save or publish a post or page. I'm using the Photography Theme from Theme Goods: https://themeforest.net/item/photography-responsive-photography-theme/13304399

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lauren!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This error can be caused by a number of reasons but I'd like to start with following tweaks/checks:

1. Please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page and click on "System Info" button there. In a "PHP" tab look for "memory_limit" line and note down its value.

Then switch to "WORDPRESS" tab and scroll it all the way down until you find "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT" line (not to be confused with "WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT").

If it's a different value than in PHP tab, access your site via FTP or cPanel File Manager tool and edit the "wp-config.php" file, adding following line there:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

where 256M should be replaced with the value that you noted down from PHP tab. Make sure that this line is above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line.

2. If above doesn't work, please get in touch with your host and ask them if PHP's "mbstring" extension is enabled; if it's not, ask them how to enable it or if they could enable it for you.

3. If that still doesn't help, please add following three lines to the "wp-config.php" file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', false);

Make sure also that these lines are above the /* That's all, stop editing */ line. Once they are there, please replicate the issue on site a couple of times and then look for a file named "debug.log" inside the "wp-content" folder on your server. If it's there, download it, rename to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here.

Please also enable support access to your site so I could take a closer look. To do this, go to "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there. Let me know when it's active, please.

Best regards,
    Adam