SmartCrawl Pro plugin causing 500 error on site

When I enable SmartCrawl pro, I get a 500 error every time I try to save or publish a post or page. I'm using the Photography Theme from Theme Goods: https://themeforest.net/item/photography-responsive-photography-theme/13304399

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Lauren!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This error can be caused by a number of reasons but I'd like to start with following tweaks/checks:

1. Please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page and click on "System Info" button there. In a "PHP" tab look for "memory_limit" line and note down its value.

Then switch to "WORDPRESS" tab and scroll it all the way down until you find "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT" line (not to be confused with "WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT").

If it's a different value than in PHP tab, access your site via FTP or cPanel File Manager tool and edit the "wp-config.php" file, adding following line there:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

where 256M should be replaced with the value that you noted down from PHP tab. Make sure that this line is above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line.

2. If above doesn't work, please get in touch with your host and ask them if PHP's "mbstring" extension is enabled; if it's not, ask them how to enable it or if they could enable it for you.

3. If that still doesn't help, please add following three lines to the "wp-config.php" file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', false);

Make sure also that these lines are above the /* That's all, stop editing */ line. Once they are there, please replicate the issue on site a couple of times and then look for a file named "debug.log" inside the "wp-content" folder on your server. If it's there, download it, rename to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here.

Please also enable support access to your site so I could take a closer look. To do this, go to "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there. Let me know when it's active, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.