SmartCrawl Pro scan not working.

SmartCrawl Pro SEO won't run a scan. I've tried a plugin conflict but doesn't work. Support is enabled. Getting the following error, "Scan timed out and was unable to complete."

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Kieran!

I’ve got info from our dev team. The issue has been fixed on our side and everything should be okay now.

Please wait for an hour and try to run the URL Crawler again to see if the warning is gone. There is a one crawl per hour limit so you’ll have to wait until that time passes to be able to run the crawl again if you’ve used it recently.

Thank you for taking your time and reporting this issue! We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

all the best,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Kieran,

I checked and the problem seems to persist still. I’d like to investigate the issue a bit further. For this I will need to have FTP access to your site, as I would like to install a small plugin which provides diagnostics for the SmartCrawl API. This plugin may give us the answer on why the scan fails. Please share your FTP access details with me and I will proceed to check this issue.

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:
    NOTE: Don’t change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at “I have a different question”.

Subject: “Attn: Pawel Pela
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

cheers,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Kieran!

I hope you're well today and thank you for checking back in!

I can see you are still experiencing the issue - sorry to hear that it's still there.

It's not a problem, got the credentials. One note about them, though: I managed to log in to your site's Admin, but the FTP semm incorrect - I'm getting an error when trying to connect saying that the username/password is incorrect. Can you please check and send them again (by responding to the email you got from us)?

I tried to run SmartCrawl, and it timed out as you said in your initial message. Your website is accessible from all over the web, and your settings seem okay, so I currently need to check for other causes.

To help you with the issue, I will need the FTP access to enable WP debug mode that will create a debug.log file with any error messages - this may give us a lot of clues as to what is happening. I'd also would like to temporary install a tiny plugin that lets us access more information on what exactly is SmartCrawl doing and what may be blocking it from completing. If you are okay with that, please respond here and I will proceed with those steps.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Kieran
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Pawel

Sorry I've sent over the correct details now. My site has just moved to a new server so got the details mixed up

Happy for you to enable debugging and install a small plugin to see whats going on

Kind Regards
    Kieran

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Kieran!

Sure, no problem. Happens to everyone :slight_smile:

I've got the new credentials and they are correct.

I found an 80MB debug.log file in wp-content, so I checked it for any errors that may be related. There's nothing there related to SmartCrawl, but seems like Appontmets are logging lots of messages about error in Google Calendar integration - you should check it in WP Admin >> Appointments >> Settings >> Google Calendar, at the bottom of the tab. Looks like the API key you created has expired and you just need to refresh it. Also, it seems like you are using an old version of the Appointments plugin - please consider updating it.

I will rename that file to debug.log-old - you may remove it if you want. Meanwhile a new debug.log is created, but there's nothing in it about SmartCrawl (even after running it and it timing out again).

Also, the API Tester plugin I installed did not provide any additional information on what is the cause of this timeout.

I asked the SmartCrawl team to check the logs on our side and give some additional feedback on your site and I'm currently waiting for their response. Will update you as soon as they answer, tomorrow at the latest.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Kieran!

I apologise for the longer wait. I received confirmation from our SmartCrawl team that the scan of your site appears to complete successfully, although they also say that it took way longer than usual because the website was responding slowly. So that may be the reason why the scans sometimes timeout.

I've ran a Google SpeedTest via https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and the result seems to confirm this - your site scored 8/100 points in this test, so I can suggest taking a look at the results there and hints on how to improve the site's speed. Using two of our plugins: Hummingbird and Smush Pro should help a lot with that.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.