[SmartCrawl Pro] SEO crawl has timed out due to an unknown error. (1)

There don't seem to be any sitemap issues. However, the URL Crawler always gives me this message:

Your SEO crawl has timed out due to an unknown error. Please try again or contact support.

I have already submitted a ticket regarding this error here:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/smartcrawl-pro-smartcrawl-not-working but was told I should submit a separate ticket for each website.

I've enabled support access. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks and Regards,
Dubie

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Dubie!

There has been a misunderstanding. Please open tickets for separate issues, not sites. As this is the same issue, please delete the other two tickets. I'll take care of all the sites with the same issue in this ticket.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

Hi Pawel,

It wasn't my intention to "spam" you with the tickets. I was told by Adam that

there's a reason for kind of "forcing" separate tickets. While it might not "look like this", in most cases even the issue that seems to be the same, can have surprisingly different reasons and require quite a different solutions. It also lets us actually better follow "what's happening" ("multiple issues tickets" can get very complex very fast) and focus on a specific issues to provide much more accurate assistance and do it faster.

It would be a relief to know that I misunderstood this, as it's very time consuming for me as well to create multiple tickets for what appears to be the same issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
    Dubie

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Dubie!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your patience!

Sorry for the confusion. I'm talking to Adam now to learn more about this situation.

As for the SmartCrawl issue, this seems to be working on your site right now. I've logged in and managed to successfully run checkup. Please check and confirm (also for the other sites).

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Dubie!

I hope you're well today and thank you for the feedback!

I logged in to the site via support access and ran Crawl again, with success. The data in the Hub got updated. At this point it seems like a temporary issue that can be fixed by running Sitemap Crawl, but I'm still curious as to what's causing the message to appear in the Hub.

I also ran a test on a fresh test site of my own and found the same message, so I'll be investigating further with the SmartCrawl team.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello again Dubie!

I talked to the team working on our Hub and they are aware of this issue. They're planning an upgrade to the Hub, along with adding some functionalities related to improved integration with SmartCrawl.

To update the data displayed in the Hub it's enough to log in to the site and run a Checkup and a Sitemap Crawl.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Dubie
    • Free Atom

Not sure that I understand what you mean by

To update the data displayed in the Hub it's enough to log in to the site and run a Checkup and a Sitemap Crawl.

Obviously there is an issue of wordpress and hub not synchronizing regardless of the way I run Checkup and a sitemap crawl.

Dubie

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello Dubie!

Yes, that is right. I've passed the information to our team and they replied back with feedback that they are currently working on a major update to the Hub which will add new features and eliminate discovered issues. I will notify them about the issues experienced in the meantime so they will know this needs fixing in advance.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.