[SmartCrawl Pro] Sitemap in SmartCrawl

When I tell the system to add a missing url (from list of missing urls) it does not add the missing url.

• Kathleen

I just changed the SmartCrawl on the multisite from the Network Admin controlling it to each site controlling their own.
    The main site now says it is missing 831 urls but if you add up the urls in each site sitemap the total is 3752. (this does not include the (16124 urls in my non-wordpress section of the website)
    This does not include turning on the Images as well.

So I would say for Large multisites it is best to have each site run it's own sitemap.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kathleen

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

he url is in the Sitemap but the missing list is still showing it is missing.

Such missing URL that you add manually via plugin options should be added instantly to the sitemap but yes, it will stay on the list. The list should get updated and the missing URL should go away from it upon next sitemap crawl - this is because the sitemap is not generated based on e.g. "database analysis" but it's an actual, real crawl of the front-end.

So I would say for Large multisites it is best to have each site run it's own sitemap.

It might be better indeed, depending on the size of the entire site. It's also worth remembering that according to Google suggestions the sitemap shouldn't ever be bigger than 50MB in filesize and include more than 50 000 URLs in total (so counting in not only regular post URLs but also image URLS etc as long as they are in a single sitemap).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.