[SmartCrawl Pro] Sitemaps not accuratly added

I added my sitemap into search console 4 months ago. Many important products and categories of my website are still not appearing in google search.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mashood ,

I have checked your site where you have SmartCrawl installed, but our plugin is deactivated and you are using Yoast plugin.

From what I see your sitemap file throws an error so you would need to first fix this issue.

In this case, I suggest starting with a quick plugin/theme conflict test as described in getting support manual E. Plugin Conflict Test

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

(make sure you have a backup before doing any changes or perform it on the staging site)

Let us know how it goes.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Mashood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Kasia,

Basically I wasnt having any awareness about how the plugin’ smartcrawler’s is functioning. Its for sure, I want to keep yoast plugin. This is my one website which I am still trying to run it by my own. Please help me to get my sitemaps settings back proprrly. I gaveup as its totally very difficult for me to solve myself these issues.

• Aditya
    • Staff

Hi Mashood

Please be assured this error has nothing to do with SmartCrawl as that is no more active or installed on the site, but the error is because of some theme/plugin installed on your site.

I tried to deactivate sitemap feature in Yoast plugin which doesn’t seem to have fixed anything, from what I understand the only possible way to fix it is to do a plugin conflict test.

Doing the plugin conflict test is really simple and is described in getting support manual E. Plugin Conflict Test

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2

(make sure you have a backup before doing any changes or perform it on the staging site)

Please do have a recheck and let us know how it goes.

kind regards,

Aditya Shah

• Mashood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

You mean, this plugin conflict test and eventually theme conflict test to be done to find SITEMAP NOINDEX ERROR? Or thr are other issues too in my sitemap?

During the plugin activation and deactivation one by one where do i check the unknown sitemap error? :slight_smile:

Need your guidance here as u know my 90% website is not on google yet and i am struggling to find the issue for several weeks.

• Aditya
    • Staff

Hi Mashood

Yes, I mean the same we will have to do a plugin and theme conflict test.

In the conflict test, we have to deactivate all the plugins then check if the issue is fixed. If it is,

1. Activate the plugins one by one and check the sitemap on activation of each plugin, when the issue appears again you will find the culprit plugin, deactivate & delete, then reinstall, if the issue still persists, its a conflict between that plugin and Yoast, so you would need to contact the plugin author so that they can fix the issue. :slight_smile:

2. If the issue doesn’t go away with deactivating all the plugins, try changing the theme. If the issue goes away by changing delete the theme and then reinstall a fresh copy, if the issue still persists, its a conflict between that plugin and Yoast, so you would need to contact the theme author so that they can fix the issue. :slight_smile:

Hope i was able to clarify things. :slight_smile:

Best,

Aditya Shah

• Aditya
    • Staff

Hi Mashood

The general sitemap url is http://www.bedbazaar.nl/sitemap.xml where there is an error.

The links you shared http://www.bedbazaar.nl/page-sitemap.xml only has sitemap for the pages, and i think the main sitemap is http://www.bedbazaar.nl/sitemap_index.xml though its not showing properly as the page sitemap, so its again because of the conflict i think.

Please do have a recheck and let me know your views. :slight_smile:

Best,

Aditya Shah

• Mashood
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I find only /sitemap_index.xml on my google search console. Thr are no any other sitemap added. Maybe that could be the reason?

The other 2 sitemaps here below which you have mentioned are not added into my search console. Should I have to add these too?

/page-sitemap.xml

/sitemap.xml

• Aditya
    • Staff

Hi Mashood

We add the sitemaps manually to the search console, since you have errors on /sitemap.xml even if you add this in google search console, it will show an error after sometime and ignore, so we need to fix the issue before adding to the google search console.

However, i see the sitemap at /sitemap_index.xml seems good now. So you can go ahead and add this one to the search console and leave everything as it is, this should be enough. :slight_smile:

The sitemap at /sitemap_index.xml contains all your urls in sub-sitemaps and so this alone is enough to let google know all your URLs and so slowly google will crawl all your sites and will index them. :slight_smile:

Best,

Aditya Shah

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.