[SmartCrawl Pro] Smart Crawl

SmartCrawl Pro broke my 2 dev sites Product Detail pages.

The theme uses ACF plugin and that was updarted.

My production site, I did not update ACF and it is working normally.

So perhaps its crossging the streams like ghostbusters and destroying the world.

Please look into SmartCrawl Pro compatability with latest ACF and ACF Pro.

Thanks

  • Ahmed Samir
    • New Recruit

    Hello OMNISAPIEN,

    I hope you are doing well.

    I have checked with the free version of ACF and SmartCrawl plugin and it worked fine on my test site. However, I don’t have the pro version so could you please check both versions of ACF separately with SmartCrawl and tell me if the issue happens with both?

    Would you please enable support access so that I can check on your site? Please follow this article to enable support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

    Have you discussed with the ACF developer the changes with the latest update that may cause an issue with SmartCrawl? If yes, let me know what they told you.

    Regards,

    Ahmed.

  • OMNISAPIEN
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

    Hi Ahmed,

    This morning I tested the ACF hypothesis by using both the pevious version of ACF and the new one on the site, universapien.com. It was to no avail. The SmartCrawl plugin was still breaking the Product Detail Page making it not function when Saving to Draft.

    I have provided WPMUDEV access to the site, universapien.com for trouble shooting. The problem only goes away when I disable Smart Crawl. I’ve tested it with both my current theme, Barberry, and also Shopkeeper by GetBowtied. In both cases the problem was there.

    Can someone please help? I very much like using Smart Crawl in my SEO strategy. It’s a great plugin.

    Thank you kindly

    Chris

  • Ahmed Samir
    • New Recruit

    Hello Chris,

    I hope you are doing well.

    While investigating your site I found two errors in console:

    1- Acf is not defined: this is related to ACF plugin and I think this happens because of the order of loading scripts.

    2- (enabledCustomerList is not defined): this is related WooCommerce plugin

    But unfortunately, your site isn’t responding anymore because of HTTP 500 error so I can’t investigate it further.

    To debug this issue could you please enable WordPress debug? To enable it change the following line in your wp-config.php file (located in WordPress directory, you will have access to this file using SFTP or FTP or from your cPanel ):

    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

    To this:

    // Enable WP_DEBUG mode

    define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );

    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file

    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );

    // Disable display of errors and warnings

    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

    Please make sure that the code is above this line /*That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.*/

    After this try to replicate the issue again by reloading your site (the one you enabled support access), then go to the /wp-content folder and check if the debug.log file is there. If it is there, download it, save it as debug.txt and attach it with your next reply.

    Regards,

    Ahmed.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.