[SmartCrawl Pro] Smart Crawl Issue -

I have 89 URLs that I cannot add to the sitemap because the ADD ALL TO SITEMAP button is not working.
https://racquetnetwork.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wds_sitemap#tab_url_crawler

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi brentjohner,

I had a look at your site and when I click on Add All button it shows 500 error in console related to admin-ajax.php.

This could mean that there's a conflict with another plugin or your theme but we should know more by checking debug log.
    Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Click on "Add all to Sitemap" button and wait couple of seconds or a minute and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi brentjohner,

Thanks a lot for providing the debug file, while I was checking it I saw a warning related to /wpmu-dev-seo/includes/core/class_wds_controller_sitemap.php file and I forwarded it to devs to check it out.
    They confirmed it's a bug so it's added on the to-do list for the next release they are currently working on.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• brentjohner
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK. Thank you, but in the meantime I am unable to get any new content into my sitemaps.

As a result, articles that I am writing now that would normally be indexed in in search results within 24 hours are not getting there.

The next six weeks are essential for my business. This stuff has to be indexed or it will cost me business.

What do I need to do to workaround this and get an accurate sitemap up, please?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi brentjohner,

Our devs found a possible fix for this already and the initial tests on my installation are looking good.
    If you want to try it out on your site you will need to download the attached file, unzip it and place it inside /wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/includes/core/ folder.

Let us know if the patch worked for you as well.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• brentjohner
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Predrag.

Inside the zip folder, I found a file and folder containing another file.

THE FILE:
    /class_wds_controller_sitemap.php

THE FOLDER:
    Inside the zip folder was another folder (_MACOSX) and inside that is another file (._class_wds_controller_sitemap.php)

I didn't do anything with /_MACOSX/._class_wds_controller_sitemap.php because I presumed that was something for Macs and I am using a PC.

----------

I unzipped /class_wds_controller_sitemap.php and replaced it in the following file path:

/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/includes/core/class_wds_controller_sitemap.php

Nothing appeared to change on the screen. A spinner appeared for a short time after I pressed ADD ALL TO SITEMAP. But nothing changed after the spinner finished. So it did not appear to resolve the issue.

However, when I checked the sitemap for a random sample of 5 of the missing 89 URLs., they all seemed to be there.

So it appears to have added all of the missing URLs to the sitemap, which solves my problem in the short term.

If that is the case, thank you for the prompt response.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi brentjohner,

You did the right thing, that's the file that needs to be added, the MACOSX is a folder that Mac adds when creating a zip file, you don't need that and can remove it :slight_smile:

The fix is a quick workaround to add the missing links and it still needs some ironing out, but yes it did the same thing for me, it didn't show any notification but the links were added to my sitemap.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.