[SmartCrawl Pro] Smart Crawl & Visual Composer

We were having problems getting Smart Crawl to work with a site that uses Visual Composer. Has that been worked out yet?

• tylonius

In February of this year, I had a support chat about how SmartCrawl was not building descriptions from visual composer code, instead of the actual content.

I was told that unlike Yoast, SmartCrawl was incompatible with visual composers:

Rupok Chowdhury 01:04:07 pm

I'm so sorry to say that SmartCrawl doesn't render the shortcodes.

tylonius 01:04:11 pm

Can you follow up via email or ticket thread

Rupok Chowdhury 01:04:15 pm

It takes content from the content area in the backend.
    But this feature is already suggested. So I'll suggest you to put your vote on this feature request ticket: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/feature-request-when-usin
    More people voting for this, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases. 01:05:10 pm
    I'm so sorry it's not available at this moment :slight_frown:
    Is there anything else I can help you with now? 01:06:07 p

In March, you announced that version 2.1.2 was in final testing, but it did not list visual composer support amongst the improvements, and that was the last I heard.

Before I waste any time trying to implement it on a new site, I wanted to know if that functionality had been added or not.

(That was obviously a copy/paste response, btw.)

ty

• Ash

Hello tylonius

I am sorry but the 100% VC compatibility is not added yet. Our developers are working on the compatibility along with other important issues as well. Unfortunately, I can't give you any ETA or even any approximate date.

Please keep an eye on the changelog, when VC compatibility will be added, that will be mentioned in the changelog. Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.