[SmartCrawl Pro] SmartCrawl and performance losses

Hello,

Since we activated SmartCrawl, we often suffer from strong performance losses. Storing an article takes several seconds, and saving a menu sometimes even creates timeouts on the database and lets the server deliver a 503 while it is saving. Other similar behaviors follow.

We have nearly 2000 articles, the automatic generation of the SiteMap is switched off. Once SmartCrawl is disabled, the system behaves normally again. We would like to use the plugin for SEO, can you help us, what we can improve?

greetings
Roger

• Roger
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK, we've deactivated it for now because the number of 503s were rising and the system kept getting slower and slower.

Please help - we want to use SmartCrawl and it's features, but in this state we can't. If needed, i can of course give you access, so you can activate it yourself and check, what's wrong

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Roger

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue, wouldn't you mind to grant the support access

1. Log in to the WordPress Admin Panel for your site (go to the Network Admin dashboard if on Multisite), and then navigate to the “Support” page from the WPMU DEV menu item (WPMU DEV > Support).

2. Click the “Grant Support Access” button in the Support Access panel.

You can read more about how to enable the support access here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Also would't provide the FTP details:

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:
    Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info
    Have a great day,
    Patrick Freitas

• Roger
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello

and sorry for being so late. I was on business trip for a few days, then ill and had the massive performance breaks also examined by our provider/hoster.

It turns out we were under DDoS attack at the time and had 80,000 hits per minute.

This has caused the database to collapse. At the same time, however, I set up SmartCrawl and so I had the impression that the problems were caused by the new plug-in.

At the moment, we are juxtaposing Yoast and SmartCrawl and trying to determine what is better for our needs.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.