[SmartCrawl Pro] Smartcrawl and visual composer issues

When Smartcrawl is activated on the site, visual composer can’t load on the backend.
From other threads, I saw that this is a known issue, but I would like you to confirm this before I install the plugin to the rest of the websites on my network.

• Nahid

Hey Rutger !
    Hope you are having a great day!

Sorry to hear about the issue you are encountering. I tried to replicate the issue on our test sites using the latest versions of WPBakery Visual Composer and SmartCrawl Pro plugins but wasn't able to do so. Visual Composer back-end editor seems to be loading as expected for me with SmartCrawl activated. Here's a screenshot for reference:

Moreover, there are not reported conflicts between WPBakery Visual Composer and the current version of SmartCrawl Pro at the moment. With that said, it seems like the issue is specific to your site only. In order to determine the source of the issue, could you please back the site up or create a cloned staging site and go through the following troubleshooting tests?

1. Plugin/theme conflict test: Try running a full plugin/theme conflict test just to make sure no other plugin(s)/the theme on your site is/are conflicting with SmartCrawl Pro and WPBakery Visual Composer and thus causing the issue. The basic concept is to temporarily disable all the plugins except SmartCrawl Pro and WPBakery Visual Composer (and WPMU DEV Dashboard), switch to a default WordPress theme and check if the issue still persists. If it doesn't, please enable all plugins and the theme one after another to see activating which brings back the issue. This handy flowchart can help you do a full plugin/theme conflict test.

2. Enable debugging: If the plugin/theme conflict test doesn't help, please enable WP_DEBUG. You can enable debugging by putting the following constants in the wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

These constants must be added before the line "/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */" for them to work. Please make sure identical constants are replaced if they were already there previously.

Enabling debugging in WordPress will log any errors that the site encounters in a log file named "debug.log" located in the "wp-content" folder. Please upload the debug.log file in a cloud storage platform like Dropbox and attach the shared link in your next response so that we can take a look into it. You can know more about WordPress debugging in this handy article.

Hope this helps. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.