[SmartCrawl Pro] Smartcrawl breaking Enfold theme

Hi Support,
I got a strange one here.
Whenever i activate Smartcrawl on one of my websites using the theme Enfold, some theme functions break. Can you guys take look?
I got a test environment if you need to take a closer look.
Just mention how you like to recieve the credentials.
Thanks in advance!
Looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards,
Makke

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Makke

I hope you're well today and thank you for reporting this.

Could you tell me, please, a bit more on what functions/features are breaking and in what way exactly?

If you got a staging site already, that's great and I'd like to take a closer look at it. For the start a support access would suffice. To enable it, you would need to make sure that the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin is installed on that site and is logged in to your WPMU DEV account. Then just go to "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button and let me know here once it's done.

Looking forward to your reply,
    Adam

• Makke
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Adam,

The theme Enfold has an inbuild pagebuilder and uses shortcodes for the elements.
    Merely activating Smartcrawl breaks specifically the shortcodes of a fullwidth button and a codeblock. It also messes with the layout. You can take a look on https://makkepost.nl.
    Currently Smartcrawl is activated.

I have granted support access and left a message containing ftp credentials if you need them.

Looking forward to your reply and i hope you find something.

Best regards,
    Makke

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Makke

Thank for your response!

The support access and FTP are working and I can see the errors on site too. I'm not exactly sure, though, whether the FTP is giving me an access to a right site and I wouldn't want to accidentally break something. The site you linked to is "makkepost.nl" but the one that support access is given to is makkepost.nl/application and that's what I seem to get to via FTP.

But there's one simple thing that I would like to try to see if it's related to an issue that we already have reported and that our developers are working on. Could you try adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file of your site and see if that helps? Just make sure that it's placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" one.

define('SMARTCRAWL_FORCE_REWRITE_TITLE', true);

See if that helps, please, and let me know here.

Also, if it does help, you might want to keep it there for now, as a workaround, until the proper fix is included in update.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.